Monday, May 16, 2016

May The 4th Be With You 5K Recap

Disclaimer: As a Level Up Runs Ambassador, I received a reduced priced virtual race entry.  As always, all opinions are my own.

I did the May the 4th be with You 5k Saturday. Of course I used my Zombies Run app to track like always.



Again I went a little over and my time was slightly over what my last one was. I did it on my treadmill, which was super convenient. I got new insoles for my old Nikes and thankfully didn't get the pain in my shins and arches I did last week. Although they need to be broken in a little bit more. Downside, I have to wait for my medal as they send them out the beginning of June. C saw the pic of the medal and was all excited that I was getting a BB8 medal. It matches his sneakers, lol. 



If you're interested in the May the 4th be with You 5k, 10k, or Half Marathon there is still time for you to register and run... The race goes from May 4th - May 31st. You can do it anywhere! Map your own course, you choose where you want to run, walk, hike, or even use a treadmill (like I did) and it only cost: $25.00. Plus part of the proceeds goes to schools that can't afford sports programs due to budget cuts. Seriously how awesome is that? 
I can't wait to see what next month brings, hint I've been told there are turtles involved but shh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.