Tuesday, May 17, 2016

{Recipe} Kitchen Sink Detox Smoothie

I called this the Kitchen Sink Detox Smoothie because I just tossed in what I had on hand to make a detox smoothie after looking at countless recipes. Giving how I've been feeling as of late, I figured my body could use a good Spring Cleaning.

Ingredients:
Baby Kale and Spinach mix- 1 handful
Pears, Cubed - 1 Cup
Ground Ginger - 1/8 Teaspoon
Fruit, Mixed (Frozen Pineapple, strawberries, mango and peaches)-1 Cup
Celery -1 Piece
water as needed to blend

Directions:
Place fruit, ginger, and water in blender, puree. Add Spinach/ Kale mix, puree. Break celery into manageable pieces and puree. Once blended to your satisfaction pour into a cup and enjoy!

Makes 1 serving @ 202 calories

2 comments:

  1. Great idea for a smoothie! I love adding pear, but I never seem to remember it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! This was my first time adding pear to a smoothie and was surprised by how much sweeter it made it. Going to try adding it to other smoothie recipes too.

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...