{Review} Chocolate Dipped Coconut Luna Bars

I'd seen the boxes of Luna Bars on endcaps before and thought about snagging a box, because they looked
pretty good, but never did because I have a problem with paying 5 bucks for a box of nutrition bars. No matter how yummy they look on the box. So the other day I was standing in the nutrition aisle of Walmart looking at protein powder when the display of single Luna Bars caught my eye. They were on sale for .89 cents, heck that's less than a candy bar, so I grabbed a couple to try. Of course I grabbed Chocolate Dipped Coconut, because that is my favorite. I hadn't realized at the time, but Luna Bars are a member of the Clif Bar family. Now I have tried and enjoyed many different flavors of Clif Bars so to me this was a plus.

Here's the ingredients info from the Chocolate Dipped Coconut bars...
Protein Grain Blend (Soy Protein Isolate, Organic Rolled Oats, Organic Rice Flour, Organic Roasted Soybeans, Organic Soy Flour, Organic Milled Flaxseed), Organic Brown Rice Syrup, Organic Dried Cane Syrup, Inulin (Chicory Extract), Organic Soy Protein Concentrate, Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, Vegetable Glycerin, Organic Sunflower Oil, Organic Cane Syrup, Organic Palm Kernel Solids, Organic Coconut, Almond Butter, Organic Almonds, Organic Cocoa, Palm Kernel Oil‡, Sea Salt, Organic Soy Lecithin, Organic Natural Flavors, Natural Flavors, Organic Vanilla Extract, Soy Lecithin, Mixed Tocopherols (Antioxidant).

I love that most of these say organic, I know what they are and I can pronounce all of them. Now when I got these given the name I expected that the bar was coconut dipped in chocolate. Not exactly what I got, you can see in the picture it looks more like a cookie with a chocolate base and swirls on top. But that's ok it tasted great. It was just the right mix of chocolate and coconut so that neither were overpowering.
Given their yummy taste, portable size, and energy boosting nature I think these maybe my new go to when packing for a hike or trip with the kids. Of course now I have to try the other flavors too.




Comments

  1. My favorite Luna Bar flavor is Lemon Zest, and they are my go to at work when I feel my energy dipping mid-morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried those yet. They're great for a quick snack.

      Delete
  2. I haven't tried Luna Bars yet. I'll have to look into them. I like Larabar quite a bit especially the cashew cookie, coconut cream pie and chocolate cookie dough flavors. I like that they are gluten free and have just a few ingredients but like the Luna Bars they are pricey unless I can find them on sale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried the Larabars, but you have my interest peaked with coconut cream. I'll have to look into those.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.