Sunday, May 29, 2016

Sunday Cup Of... #20

Sunday Cup of... is a mash up of 
The Sunday Post Hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer
It’s Monday! What Are You Reading?  Hosted by Book Date
Mailbox Monday Located at Mailbox Monday
Weekly Workout Recap Hosted by Run Megan Run
And Weekly Wrap hosted by HoHo Runs and MissSippiPiddlin
Basically it's a weekly post where I talk about books, weekly workouts, bloggy things, and possibly not so bloggy things. It'll be a weekly wrap up / news bulletin type deal. Sound good? If you want to link to your own week feel free to post in the comments.



If you celebrate happy Memorial Day weekend! I hope your all loving having a long weekend to relax and hopefully enjoy the nice weather, like we are. Summer has hit with a vengeance, and I'm not complaining. We're hitting 80 degree days and I'm loving the warm, sunny weather. I will be outside as much as possible before having to go back to working in the bikini mines. DK mowed a path for me around the half acre between our place and his grandmother's so I can run and not have to worry about creepers on the road. Now I just have to worry about snakes and ticks. Eww!!!




The Fit Reader section is going to combine my weekly exercise workout and the Fit Reader post.

This week was not a good one for working out. Apparently the stars didn't align right, or something. I need to come up with a new workout schedule as schedules around here have been shifting. It seems like something keeps coming up, making my tiny window of time after work even smaller. Although now with the path outside I might be able to do more. 

5/22/16: 18 mins Kickboxing/ Barre workout
5/23/16: Rest
5/24/16: Wasn't able to workout
5/25/16: Wasn't able to workout
5/26/16: Wasn't able to workout
5/27/16: Ran 1.44 miles in 20:19 min on Hill Repeats (first time trying hill repeats)
5/28/16: Ran 1.51 miles in 21:46 mins on Tramp




This was a very light week, blogging wise. I've been playing catch up this weekend, since it's got an extra day. I've also been scheduling out some reviews and what-not.



All links go to Goodreads pages

In my mailbox...
Running Like a Girl: Notes on Learning to Run by Alexandra Heminsley
Personal Record: A Love Affair with Running by Rachel Toor 

Email...
Colony of the Lost by Derik Cavignano 


What I'm Reading...
Karma's A Bitch (A Pet Psychic Mystery #1) by Shannon Esposito
Finger Lickin' Fifteen (Stephanie Plum #15) by Janet Evanovich
Harley Quinn Vol. 4: A Call to Arms (Harley Quinn II #4) by Amanda Conner, Jimmy Palmiotti, Chad Hardin (Illustrator)
Running Like a Girl: Notes on Learning to Run by Alexandra Heminsley
The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins

Finished:
The Unspeakable Crimes of Dr. Petiot by Thomas Maeder
The Thing from the Lake by Eleanor Marie Ingram

So that's it for this week, hope you'll stop by next Sunday. If you like this idea, go ahead and make your own Sunday Cup of... post, no link back needed. I know some folks commented on the button, you're welcome to use it if you want. Have a great week!

21 comments:

  1. It's definitely summer already where I am, too. It's been so hot! I can imagine running in this heat would be horrible and it will only get worse in the next few months! For me that means hunkering down in the a/c. I've been doing all my yard work early in the morning while it's still cool. :)

    Stacy Renee @ Lazy Day Literature

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually run later in the day, and when I use the treadmill inside it's not so bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was definitely summer here, with temps in the mid-80s and higher. But this afternoon and evening, the rain came back with a vengeance.

    I admire you for working out. I'm having a hard time fitting it in, and I badly need to.

    Enjoy your day off tomorrow and I hope you enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels like rain right now. It is hard to fit it in. Thanks!

      Delete
  4. I am a failed runner trying to start up again and the unusually warm weather we are having in Scotland is appreciated as I hate going out in the cold!

    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, I hate the cold too. Good luck!

      Delete
  5. We've had the same thing...it went from cold to hot in the blink of an eye! So crazy!!! I'm going to check out that Tara Style video you posted...I have one of her books but haven't tried any of her videos yet.

    Hope you have a good week and can figure out your schedule...I've been there and feel your frustration!
    ~Kristin @ Always With a Book

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a few of Tara's videos bookmarked, their fairly short and quick but I like them. Thanks!

      Delete
  6. I'ts been really warm this past week! Feel like we went from March to July in one day. I'm not complaining, but it does take some getting used to! I run early in the day before the sun gets too high in the sky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree it seems we went from Winter to Summer in a blink, but I'm not complaining either. I usually run in the evenings because that's when I can do to work, but it's cooler then too.

      Delete
  7. Well, getting the workout in can be tough sometimes, it is great that you are still keeping up and checking in! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm doing better now that I'm working out a schedule.

      Delete
  8. It's finally warm here, so it feels more like summer than spring, which is pretty normal for us. Happy reading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving the warm weather now that it's back in the 70's. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  9. Finally warm here...I Love it.

    ENJOY your reading week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete
  10. It hit 96 degrees over our holiday weekend. Blech. I have no window of time after work. So if I do anything, it must be in the morning. Your new running path sounds very nice! Well, not so much the ticks though. Thanks for linking with us Shandy Jo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we got into the low 90's here too. I feel to rushed in the morning, it wouldn't be any fun anyway. Thanks I'm liking it and will post some pics soon. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  11. Sounds like we both have not quite fell into a summertime schedule just yet. I'm all over the books as far as what I'm doing and when. On one hand it's nerve-racking cause I like somewhat of a schedule on the other I don't have to worry if something doesn't go as planned.
    We'll get it figured out. I do love this fun and flirty font you got going on here :)
    Thanks Shandy Joe for linking up with us, so glad your make it a part of your week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I might have it down, but we'll have to see if I can keep it up. Thanks I really like my curly font. :)

      Delete
  12. The heat and humidity is definitely here to stay in Bama. It definitely takes some adjusting, but I prefer it over the cold. Hope you enjoy running on your path and don't encounter any snakes or ticks.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.