Friday, June 24, 2016

June Runfessions





Oh my Goodness can you believe it's the last Friday of June already.  I'm linking up with Marcia's A Healthy Slice, for Runfessions.



Just because the app says "Mission Completed" doesn't mean I have to stop. It no big secret that I need my Zombies Run app to help me stay motivated to run. Somedays the only thing getting me out there is getting my Sam fix. But I need to learn that when it says mission completed, I don't have to stop. Usually I want to stop, or have to stop, and in some cases need to stop, but I can keep going if I want to. 


I have a fear of being late. Why is this a runfession? Well I'd like to run in the mornings, I sometimes manage to do it on weekends and it's really nice. I don't on work days, because I fear not having enough time to run, shower, eat breakfast etc before work. I know this is an unfounded fear as long as I give myself enough time, but it weighs on me. Which makes it hard to enjoy my run feeling as though I'm the White Rabbit. 


While not strictly a running related confession, it would probably help my runs significantly if I hadn't fallen off the healthy eating wagon. Recently my diet hasn't been the greatest. Between my Jelly Belly binges and lots of prepackaged food I'm not very proud of my eating habits lately.

4 comments:

  1. I don't have a fear of being late--I seem to move faster when the clock is ticking! Don't even ask me why I'm like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see where an early run before work would give you stress. I've been getting mine done by 6:30am this past month in order to be back in time to drive my daughter to driver's ed. But it's so awesome to have it done first thing. Thanks for linking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss my early morning runs, too. I've been doing most of my blogging stuff in the early hours before work and it has kind of messed up those sunrise runs ;-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never run or work out before work for that same reason!

    I love Jelly Bellies but had to break that habit years ago!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.