Sunday, June 5, 2016

Sunday Cup of... #21

Sunday Cup of... is a mash up of 
The Sunday Post Hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer
It’s Monday! What Are You Reading?  Hosted by Book Date
Mailbox Monday Located at Mailbox Monday
Weekly Workout Recap Hosted by Run Megan Run
And Weekly Wrap hosted by HoHo Runs and MissSippiPiddlin
Basically it's a weekly post where I talk about books, weekly workouts, bloggy things, and possibly not so bloggy things. It'll be a weekly wrap up / news bulletin type deal. Sound good? If you want to link to your own week feel free to post in the comments.



So friday Dk and I decided to go to the mall, something neither of us has done in years. We stopped by Dicks and he got some clothes I picked up some energy shots, gels, and Jelly beans. We also picked up a second set of D&D dice, a couple things for the kids and various other things we really didn't need. But the coup de grace was DK made me buy a new pair of Nikes. I'm in love with them so far, I've only done one run in them so time will tell if they stay in favor. I am aware that my socks don't match in this picture, my running socks rarely match.

Saturday I put in some flowers and my pumpkin patch. While clearing the area for my pumpkins I found a blackberry bush, which I transplanted to a bucket.
Pumpkin patch

Blackberry it's a bit wilted I hope it comes back


I also found some morning glories that escaped the flower bed and transplanted them back. I bought a peach  colored tea rose to put in my planter with Norm the Gnome.
DK's B-day is Monday so we had his "party" Saturday. Ok it was really just cake, he opened his present, and we had a couple beers while relaxing playing Minecraft. I've become addicted to the stupid game.



The Fit Reader section is going to combine my weekly exercise workout and the Fit Reader post.

This week wasn't quite a bust, I am a little bummed that I didn't get in a strength workout, but happy that I got in 3 runs this week.

5/29/16: Ran 1.50 mi  in 20:39 min on trail
5/30/16: Ran 1.57 mi in 23:18 min on trail
5/31/16: Yoga 10:36 min
6/1/16: Wasn't able to workout
6/2/16:  Wasn't able to workout
6/3/16: Went shopping with DK (ok mostly walking reached 6206 steps)
6/4/16: Ran 2.51 mi in 25:13 min on treadmill and an hour of gardening




Another light bloggy week. I want your opinions I have been toying with turning Sunday Cup of.., into a link up. I have a poll in the sidebar if you want to weigh in.



All links go to Goodreads pages

In my mailbox...
Nada

Email...
Nada


What I'm Reading...
Karma's A Bitch (A Pet Psychic Mystery #1) by Shannon Esposito
Finger Lickin' Fifteen (Stephanie Plum #15) by Janet Evanovich
Harley Quinn Vol. 4: A Call to Arms (Harley Quinn II #4) by Amanda Conner, Jimmy Palmiotti, Chad Hardin (Illustrator)
Running Like a Girl: Notes on Learning to Run by Alexandra Heminsley
The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins
The Curse of Tenth Grave (Charley Davidson #10) by Darynda Jones

Finished:
Psychic Surveys Book Three: 44 Gilmore Street by Shani Struthers

So that's it for this week, hope you'll stop by next Sunday. If you like this idea, go ahead and make your own Sunday Cup of... post, no link back needed. I know some folks commented on the button, you're welcome to use it if you want. Have a great week!

15 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great week :) I love the new shoes! I'm looking for a good pair of running shoes. Hoping to find a running partner after a move in a few weeks. The town we're moving to has a nice greenway that runs the length of the town. Great book haul :D Hope you have a nice week!
    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Good luck, finding a running partner. I'd love to find someone around here to run with. Have a great week!

      Delete
  2. Great shoes!!! I'm due to get new sneakers soon myself...and just the thought of having to go looking for a new pair bums me out! I love my current pair and hopefully will just be able to get the same ones again, but am not sure they are still making them...oh well! Gotta do it - otherwise I start to get knee pain and that's no good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've been having a hard time finding the right ones, fingers crossed these are it.

      Delete
  3. You can get in a lot of steps shopping - so it counts!! And I like the new shoes. I have to look at new shoes soon, depending on what the physical therapist says.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to run in Nikes, back in the day! but then they changed my shoes and I moved on. Now I'm a loyal Asics wearer. What can I say?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about Asics, tried Reebox they hurt my arches, but for the time being I guess I'm a Nikes gal. :)

      Delete
  5. Great week and lovin those Nikes. I need some new ones and have a gift card to spend so should be able to get whatever I want. Isn't it fun to discover hidden gems in your gardens. I swear, every year I find something mysterious that showed up in my flower beds. LOL

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank, yes you should and yes it is. :)

      Delete
  6. I started gardening for the first time last year, it is a rewarding hobby. I need to give it some more time now that summer is around the corner. Enjoy your reading time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the new Nike, I love Nike Pegasus and they are the only exercise shoes I wear. I find them so comfortable, last time I bought some I was surprised by the research that says to change them often, I am most likely due for another pair and I am only a Fitreader's walker! Enjoy your reading this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you have quite a few books to read this week. Hope you enjoy them. Have a great reading week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow planting pumpkins and finding a blueberry bush that's what I'm talking about! Don't both have to have a lot of sun? I haven't' tried to grow either.
    Where I grew up my mom would plant morning glories every spring. Wow thank you for the memory. You did some serious shopping to rack up over 6200 steps. Great job. Thanks for linking up with us Shandy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...