Sunday, June 19, 2016

Sunday Cup of... #23

Sunday Cup of... is a mash up of 
The Sunday Post Hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer
It’s Monday! What Are You Reading?  Hosted by Book Date
Mailbox Monday Located at Mailbox Monday
Weekly Workout Recap Hosted by Run Megan Run
And Weekly Wrap hosted by HoHo Runs and MissSippiPiddlin
Basically it's a weekly post where I talk about books, weekly workouts, bloggy things, and possibly not so bloggy things. It'll be a weekly wrap up / news bulletin type deal. Sound good? If you want to link to your own week feel free to post in the comments.



This has been a hellacious week. I was woken at 4:30 in the morning by a skunk who had been startled while pawing through our garbage. Thankfully it didn't get anyone or animals just the house. The back porch still slightly smells of ode de Pepe Le Pew. I think this little guy is also the bugger knocking over my rose.
I managed to mess up several baskets of tops at work. Which led to the glee of one of my co-workers, because nothing makes them happier than getting to complain about other people's work. But whatever I'll just learn from my mistakes and try not to do it again.
I also got to call Dish and yell at the customer service guy because the service has been screwing up. It's in the FIL's name, but I got to call, since he didn't have the time. I hate dealing with telemarketers and it's still not working right. Then Dk's father's day gift arrives, a $140.00 fencing sword. It was horrible, I am so disappointed. The fitting didn't line up, the grips were off, it doesn't fit his hand, you name it the sword has it. I can't even return it because it would cost more than the hassle it's worth.
But the coup de gras, is saturday morning I get up and discover that Molly our 13 year old Border Collie can't walk or stand. Her hind legs seem to be paralyzed. For the last few months she had been pulling her fur out and the vet said it was due to allergies, and to give her benadryl which was not helping. We took her to the vet and had to have her put down. Needless to say I was a wreck saturday. Hopefully next week will be better.
R.I.P. Molly




The Fit Reader section is going to combine my weekly exercise workout and the Fit Reader post.

6/12/16: ran on a treadmill for 20m:00s.
yoga for 31m:13s.
6/13/16: ran on a treadmill for 23m:36s.
6/14/16: didn't workout
6/15/16: didn't workout
6/16/16: ran on a treadmill for 21m:22s
yoga for 4m:09s
6/17/16: grocery shopping
6/18/16: spent an hour and a half hauling brush by hand




An extremely light bloggy week. 

All links go to Goodreads pages

In my mailbox...
Honey, Do You Need a Ride?: Confessions of a Fat Runner by Jennifer Graham
The Last Echo (The Body Finder #3) by Kimberly Derting

Email...
Black Raven Inn (Taryn's Camera #6) by Rebecca Patrick-Howard


What I'm Reading...
Karma's A Bitch (A Pet Psychic Mystery #1) by Shannon Esposito
Honey, Do You Need a Ride?: Confessions of a Fat Runner by Jennifer Graham
Personal Record: A Love Affair with Running by Rachel Toor


Finished:
Running Man: A Memoir by Charlie Engle
Lady Audley's Secret by Mary Elizabeth Braddon
Black Raven Inn (Taryn's Camera #6) by Rebecca Patrick-Howard

So that's it for this week, hope you'll stop by next Sunday. If you like this idea, go ahead and make your own Sunday Cup of... post, no link back needed. I know some folks commented on the button, you're welcome to use it if you want. Have a great week!

18 comments:

  1. Aw poor Molly and poor you. Losing a much loved pet is so hard, they are just a part of the family and leave a big hole behind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes it is and they do.

      Delete
  2. So sorry about Molly...and all the other horrendous things that happened this week. I'd say you are due for some goodness ahead! Enjoy the week, and here's sending good luck and wishing no skunks or other annoyances cross your path.

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you had such a yucky week. I hope next week gets better for you and those around you. *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry about Molly...sending lots of love and hugs!

    I just noticed your daily mile widget...that's cool and I agree with today's message - while I'm not a runner, getting a good walk in in the morning always seems to make my day much better!

    I hope you have a better week coming up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I usually only get in morning runs on the weekends, I'd feel too rushed before work to actually enjoy the runs during the week.

      Delete
  5. So sorry about your pup. We had to put our 13 year old pup down in January when she suddenly became ill. She had been ill for a while but did a great job of hiding it. so tough.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. You've had a seriously rough week. I'm so sorry to hear about Molly. I hate skunks! I knew someone who had a skunk let loose under their house and they had to vacate for a week because the smell got up in the air ducts and spread through the whole house and the smell was unbearable. I hope next week is much better for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry to hear about Molly. My thoughts are with you. It got to that point with my dog, Riley, too, and I ended up having to put him down. I still miss him.

    I'm so glad the skunk didn't get any of the humans are animals. Ugh. We sometimes see them in our neighborhood--or smell them. I hear getting the scent out can be very difficult.

    I hope you have a better week this week. Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so hard to lose a beloved pet. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, my goodness! What a horrible week! Looking at it positively, this coming week can't be worse. So sorry to hear about your dog. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry about Molly! Losing a pet is harder than hard. Sending you all lots of hugs.

    Too bad the sword wasn't what it should have been. What a disappointment.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so sorry to hear about the terrible week, especially about Molly. We had a whole family of skunks under our house once, it was not pleasant. Sending a few prayers for a better week your way.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It sounds like you had an active week! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sorry for your loss. Molly was well loved I'm sure. Dogs and other animals can be such big parts of the family.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I'm so sorry, Shandy! *hugs* Molly looks like a lovely dog and it's just heartbreaking when they get old and infirm. And I'm sorry you've had rough week in other ways on top of that. I hope the skunk smell wears off soon. And with the fencing sword, could you maybe resell it on eBay or maybe Craigslist? Or to a local community theater group?

    Anyway, I hope this week is going better, and that in time, your loving memories of Molly will bring you more comfort than grief.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...