Sunday, June 26, 2016

Sunday Cup of... #24

Sunday Cup of... is a mash up of 
The Sunday Post Hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer
It’s Monday! What Are You Reading?  Hosted by Book Date
Mailbox Monday Located at Mailbox Monday
Weekly Workout Recap Hosted by Run Megan Run
And Weekly Wrap hosted by HoHo Runs and MissSippiPiddlin
Basically it's a weekly post where I talk about books, weekly workouts, bloggy things, and possibly not so bloggy things. It'll be a weekly wrap up / news bulletin type deal. Sound good? If you want to link to your own week feel free to post in the comments.


This was a busy week around here, C graduated from kindergarten weds sadly he only made it halfway through the ceremony as he almost threw up on the little girl in front of him. Thankfully he didn't but he was running a fever and we had to take him home. He missed the very last day of school, but that's really not a huge thing. J is moving from 6th to 7th grade and the school had a ceremony on Thursday. She received the Outstanding Character award. I'm so proud of her. 



The Fit Reader section is going to combine my weekly exercise workout and the Fit Reader post.
So I decided to give up my UP, it just wasn't working. I mean the UP was working fine, but I was failing forgetting to switch modes at night, or in the morning. I kept forgetting to log workouts. I didn't care about the tips etc that it shared. The apps I have on my phone do everything I need, the activity tracker was just extra baggage.
6/19/16: Didn't get to workout
6/20/16: Didn't get to workout
6/21/16: ran 2.04 miles on a treadmill for 25m:31s
6/22/16: Didn't get to workout
6/23/16:  ran 2.54 miles on a treadmill for 24m:48s
15 min yoga
6/24/16: Felt sick, but went grocery shopping.
6/25/16:  ran 2.16 mile in 22m:24s on trail
swimming 30mins




All links go to Goodreads pages

In my mailbox...
Nada

Email...
Nada



What I'm Reading...
Karma's A Bitch (A Pet Psychic Mystery #1) by Shannon Esposito
Personal Record: A Love Affair with Running by Rachel Toor
The Last Echo (The Body Finder #3) by Kimberly Derting


Finished:
Honey, Do You Need a Ride?: Confessions of a Fat Runner by Jennifer Graham

So that's it for this week, hope you'll stop by next Sunday. If you like this idea, go ahead and make your own Sunday Cup of... post, no link back needed. I know some folks commented on the button, you're welcome to use it if you want. Have a great week!

22 comments:

  1. Pet Psychic mystery...hmm..that sounds like one I'd like! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a freebie on kindle, I'm kind of on the fence if I want to finish it or not.

      Delete
  2. Poor C. Hope he's feeling better! Congratulations to J on her award.

    I haven't participated in FitReaders for the past two weeks. I haven't been very motivated to work out and I need to get back to it. I wear a FitBit One which I like. I don't wear it to track my sleep at night and I don't log my workouts, just track my steps. I try to exercise at least three times a week. In the winter and early spring I worked out nearly every day (Leslie Sansone walking DVDs) but now I just don't have the energy. I blame the heat :) Good job with your exercise this week. Running, swimming and yoga look like a good variety that will work different muscles.

    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard to find the energy in the hotter months. Thanks and have a great week!

      Delete
  3. I hope your kiddo is feeling better. I did throw up in school once -- not a pleasant experience for anyone.

    Wow! You are a prolific reader! I love to read but it takes me a while to get through books now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I listen to a lot of audiobooks at work.

      Delete
  4. Congrats on your son graduating! I hope he feels better! Here’s my Sunday Post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the graduation, hope he's feeling better. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no, getting sick at your K graduation is the pits :( Poor kiddo.
    You must be an avid reader?? I have a time just getting through one book lol of course I blog read too much though.
    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I listen to a lot of audio books at work.

      Delete
  7. I hope your little one is feeling better. And you too! I didn't know you had to switch modes on a UP. I know I'd forget that. I have a Fitbit that I care about for sleep and HR info. The novelty has worn off of step counting. Thanks for linking Shandy Jo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yeah you have to switch which is annoying. Definitely agree that the novelty has worn off.

      Delete
  8. I love to read, but (aside from blogs), I have a difficulty finding the time LOL. Although this morning, I did spend a good hour or so reading through a recent issue of Runner's World...away from my desk...and without my phone on standby. That's progress ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear your son is feeling better! Tummy bugs are yucky!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am currently reading The girl on the train and Fast Girl. I am always looking for new books to read. I will have to check out those.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What is the UP? Maybe I know and just haven't heard it called that?? But I do get the part about apps on my phone doing things. I don't have enough time to log every workout in every app though.
    Thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's also called a Jawbone Up Move. Now I have two apps I use to log workouts.

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.