Friday, July 8, 2016

{Book Review} Harley Quinn Vol. 4: A Call to Arms (Harley Quinn II #4) by Amanda Conner

Harley Quinn Vol. 4: A Call to Arms (Harley Quinn II #4)
by Amanda Conner, Jimmy Palmiotti, Chad Hardin (Illustrator)
Publisher: DC Comics
Released: June 28th 2016
Genre: Fiction- Graphic Novel
How I got it: Received a copy from NetGalley

Harley Quinn and her Gang of Harleys are hitting the road! As if Hollywood wasn't weird enough already, now Harley's made her way to Tinseltown and she's about to have the most destructive fifteen minutes of fame ever. Will the industry survive Harley's Hollywood hijix, or will the City of Angels fall from grace? And will Coney Island be able to contain Harley's newfound celebrity status?

Review:  I didn't like this volume as much as I have the previous volumes. It really felt like they were trying to hard. No matter how hard they push Harley is never going to be a superhero, at best she will be a vigilante. Personally I don't want to see Harley as a superhero. While I like that she has a soft spot for certain people and animals, I feel the writers are truing to pigeonhole her into something she's not.
I wasn't crazy about the Popeye reject in the one story line, and lets just say there is a thing as to many Harleys. But I did like the LA story line, I felt it was the best letting Harley be herself. The artwork in this series is good, but the writing needs some work.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...