Thursday, July 7, 2016

{Book Review} Something Wicked: A Ghost Hunter Explores Negative Spirits by Debi Chestnut

Something Wicked: A Ghost Hunter Explores Negative Spirits
by Debi Chestnut
Publisher: Llewellyn Publications
Released: July 8th 2016
Genre: Non-Fiction- Paranormal
How I got: NetGalley

Forget what you know or think you know about negative entities. Unless you are one of the few who have encountered a demon, it's almost impossible to grasp the depth and scope of such pure evil and how these creatures can enter someone's life and completely turn it upside down. Something Wicked explores the topic of negative energies, dark forces, and exorcisms with fresh eyes so that you may come to your own conclusions.

Review:
This was nor what I expected, I found it to be more of a text book for paranormal investigators to deal with demonic entities. While it will appeal to folks interested in the paranormal, I feel it's geared more toward investigators than the general public.
I liked that Ms. Chestnut explained how not all negative entities are demons. She also explains the difference between the entities, each having it's own section. I found it refreshing that the author gives warning and offers protection in the book along with all the others information. Also that Ms. Chestnut suggest professionals help before seeking religious intervention. The fact that many symptoms of demonic possession and oppression are the same as many psychological issues gave me pause. I found the section on possession syndrome especially interesting. I also thought the case studies of exorcisms gone wrong was fascinating.
If your looking for straight up ghost stories then look else where, but if your interested in a well rounded book on negative entities then this is your book. If your looking for straight up ghost stories then look else where, but if your interested in a well rounded book on negative entities then this is your book. If your looking for straight up ghost stories then look else where, but if your interested in a well rounded book on negative entities then this is your book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.