Saturday, July 2, 2016

Having Coffee 4th of July weekend.


It's the first Saturday of the July, and I've lurked reading others posts so I decided to join up with the Ultimate Coffee Date hosted by Deborah, Coco, and Lynda.

First and foremost if you live in the good old US of A, Happy 4th of July I hope you're enjoying the long weekend.

If we were having coffee...
I would tell you how proud I am of J and C moving on in school. C will be going into 1st grade and J is moving on the Junior High. I can't believe my little girl is already in 7th grade, it seems like she was just going into kindergarten.

If we were having coffee...
I would tell you how I have been slacking on my yoga and upper body strength training. I really need to start stretching more before running as I've been getting pain in my left shin from time to time. 

If we were having coffee...
I would ask how you deal with the guilt of taking time for yourself? Lately I've been feeling guilty for taking time after work to run. I work 10 hour days and feel like I should be spending time with DK and the kids, not plugging my ears and running on the treadmill or going out to the trail. 

What would you like to talk about over coffee and how are you spending your 4th of July weekend? 

4 comments:

  1. So glad that you decided to join us for the coffee date! Look forward to connecting with you more. It is crazy how fast the kids grow up and time just flies by. My baby is in college

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taking time for yourself is so hard! I've been forced to do that with a recent move and state licensing issues--and it's still hard for me to not feel guilty about having this time off! I have to remind myself that it's healthy to take care of myself. Then I'm better to the people around me too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very lucky that I don't work. Sometimes I still feel guilty just because of the furkids! They don't like it when I'm not home, although Lola really does live for that kong. :)

    I've been slacking on yoga in exchange for more strength training.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been slacking lately too--I need to stretch more too!

    It's hard to take time for yourself, but that's one of the struggles in life--finding a balance! Best of luck to you! :]

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.