Saturday, August 13, 2016

2016's Dog Days 5k Recap

Disclaimer: As a Level Up Runs Ambassador, I received a reduced priced virtual race entry.  As always, all opinions are my own.


I couldn't resist doing this 5k when I saw not only the medal but learned that some of the proceeds go to the Second Chance at Love Humane Society

So Thursday the Head Honcho at work gave us the opinion of working a whole day Thursday or half day and then half day on friday. This was due to the heat we hit the 90's and the plant is about 10 degrees hotter inside than out, those machines give off a lot of heat. I figured I would be able to get a few things done if I did the half and half. Getting my stuff done I was sitting around bored and it was to hot to go outside, so of course I decided to run. I mean what else? 
I did it on the treadmill, and used my Zombies Run App. My time above shows how the heat affected me, I walked more than I'm proud to say. By the end I felt like I had cement in my sneakers. It's weird because usually I like the heat, but I guess it was the humidity too. Anyway I got it done and can't wait for my medal to get here.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...