Friday, August 5, 2016

#Fitreader Update



I'll also be sharing on...
 Weekly Wrap hosted by HoHo Runs and MissSippiPiddlin

After about 4 months Sunday I broke out the weights and lifted, my arms and legs felt like noodles after. I didn't even go that heavy, but the lack of strength training showed. So I definitely need to work the weights in more, because it also felt really good. If your interested I have the July JackedPack unboxing up on Youtube, I had to pull Junes to fix it.
I thought I knew that the DOMs were going to be the worst weds, so I decided to run Monday when they were at their weakest. I started going up and down the hill, then C decided to race me, and then DK joined in. Due to the drought we haven't been mowing and the chicory has taken over the yard, this was hitting our legs. DK got fed up and grabbed the mower, he mowed a section for us to run in then did my path. I was going to stop by this time, but he wanted to take a turn around the path. Since I've been trying to get him to run with me, I didn't say no. This turned into 2 laps, by the time I was done I'd run/ walked a 5k and I regretted the next day when I could hardly walk. So I took a rest day, Tuesday. Surprisingly Weds I was feeling much better so go figure.

How my week went:
7/29/16: ran 3.22 mi on a treadmill in 32m:46s (Aztec Virtual 5k)
7/30/16: ran 1.86 mi in 20m:53s (Hill Repeats)
7/31/16: 29m:46s of weight training.
8/1/16: ran/walked 3.11 mi outside playing with C and DK in 36m
8/2/16: rest
8/3/16: ran on a treadmill for 20m:54s.
8/4/16: rest

How Training is going:
7/19/16: Interval Training - 2.14 mi 21:49 mins 10:16 min pace
7/23/16: Interval Training - 2.27 mi 22:27 mins   9:58 min pace
7/26/16: Interval Training - 2.12 mi 21:11 mins 10:04  min pace
8/3/16:  Interval Training - 2.09 mi  21:16 mins 10:15 min pace


3 comments:

  1. How wonderful to get in a 5k just playing around in the yard. I do no weight training and can tell you I would have the worst case of noodle-age. I just can't seem to get motivated enough to do it, even though I know deep down it would only help me. Thanks for linking, Shandy Jo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you keep up with your strength training. I can definitely tell when I don't do it. It has made a huge difference for me now that I do it regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WTG on the interval training and yeah for strength. It is so important :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.