Sunday, September 18, 2016

Sunday Cup of...


Welcome to Sunday Cup of... grab your favorite beverage and visit with me for a bit.
Sunday Cup of... is a combination post featuring, 
The Sunday Post Hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer
It’s Monday! What Are You Reading?  Hosted by Book Date
and the Book Blog Hop hosted by Ramblings of a coffee addicted writer.
I share my week, what's going on around the blog, and what books I'm reading or have finished.



This was a not great week, I missed two days of work due to a stomach virus and the kids missed school due to the same thing. Ironically C was feeling much better by the time his yearly physical rolled around on Friday, then yesterday he was crying his head hurt and threw up. A relapse, I guess. Go figure. Anyway we all seem to be doing better today and fingers crossed he'll be fine to go to school tomorrow and everything will be back to normal. 


I've added a couple more slots to the Sunday Cup of... let me know what you think.
Just a quick note I realize that half the graphics are not showing up I have no idea why I'm trying to figure it out.

Recap of what was on the blog this week.

Monday, September 12, 2016
{Book Review} Running Man by Charlie Engle

Tuesday, September 13, 2016
{Book Review} Here Comes The Witch (Main Street Witches #1) by Ani Gonzalez

Wednesday, September 14, 2016
{Spotlight} Saying Goodbye Part One and Two by Abigail Drake
{Spotlight} Fish Wielder by J.R.R.R (Jim) Hardison

Thursday, September 15, 2016
{Cover Reveal} Noon Onyx Series by Jill Archer

Friday, September 16, 2016
Recap Viking Virtual 5K

Saturday, September 17, 2016
Weekly Update!




All links go to Goodreads pages

What I'm Reading... 

Girl Number One
Girl Number One
by Jane Holland


Finished:
Harley Quinn Vol. 5: The Joker's Last Laugh (Harley Quinn Vol. II #5) by Amanda Conner


Currently I'm listening to season 6 of The Nosleep Podcast. DK got me hooked on this podcast, it's a bunch of scary horror type stories. Sometimes we listen to it together while playing Minecraft. 


I've been watching Red vs Blue on YouTube with DK mostly.
 Usually I'll try to watch some episodes of Deadly Women, also on YouTube, but tend to end up listening as I do other stuff.

Book Blogger Hop
I will also be joining the Book Blogger Hop hosted by Ramblings of a coffee addicted writer. Every week they will pop a question that you answer. Post your answer to your blog, and enter your post to the linky provided. Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy.

This weeks question:

Have you ever wanted to write a book? If so, what genre would you choose? And...have you been successful in writing a book?

Yes! I was actually a writer before I was a book blogger. I had several books published with e-pubs, but when my contracts expired I decided to self-publish instead of resigning. I wrote erotic short stories, romance, and some young adult verging on new adult. If you look under the tab that says my writing you'll find all my works and links to them for free on Smashwords. I'm currently working on a young adult series called The Survivalistas and a paranormal series called P.I.N.N.Y, but have had a massive case of writer's block since about April.


So that's it for this week, hope you'll stop by next Sunday. Have a great week!

16 comments:

  1. Girl Number One looks great, love that cover. Sounds like a nice tense read. And I need to read some Harley Quinn. Hope this week is a better one- there's been stuff going around here too and lots of people are sick.

    I didn't know you were a writer! How cool. I'll have to check out your writing tab. Hope you have a great week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harley is my favorite Gotham Gal. Thanks! I hope you like any of my works you check out. :)

      Delete
  2. Awww...sorry to hear about your kids being sick. I hope they get better soon.

    Here’s my Sunday Post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really hope that everyone is over the flu-ish thing that was going on. I got my flu shot on Saturday and am eager for it to take effect. Working in an elementary school leaves me wide open for all the illnesses kids bring to school with them. Come see my past week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone is feeling better, Thank you!

      Delete
  4. I'm reading Girl Number One at the moment too. Not that far in but enjoying it. This is my first time visiting your blog so will head over and check out your writing. Have a good week. Emma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not very far in myself, as I haven't had much time to read lately. Thanks, I hope you enjoy anything you check out!

      Delete
  5. Girl Number One sounds nice and I like the new slots. Sorry about the virus. Those dreadful things... Hope this upcoming week will be virus free and lots of time for reading. Here's my Sunday Headlines: http://marelithalkink.blogspot.co.za/2016/09/the-sunday-headlines-2-missing-mind.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear that you and your kids have been sick. But I'm glad you're all recovering! :)

    You've certainly had a busy week on the blog! You have quite a variety of posts!

    I'm going to check out your published work! So glad to hear it's available free on Smashwords! Thank you so much for that!!

    The two series you've been working on sound very interesting, and I would encourage you to keep at it!! Writer's block is no fun, as I know from my own experience.... :(

    Thanks for the thought-provoking comment you left on my own BBH post!! Sorry for the late comment back...Hope you have a WONDERFUL week!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and you are very welcome. No writer's block sucks. No problem on the late comment back.

      Delete
  7. I love the cover and title of Girl Number One, it sure catches my eye, I will have to add it to my wishlist.

    I hope this week treats you kindly, take care
    Amanda @ Mrs B's Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sorry to hear about you all being sick, but I am glad to hear you're doing better by now. I hope it stays that way.

    I didn't realize you were a writer and that you had written so many books! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Mostly short stories, but yup I've got a few. :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.