Friday, September 9, 2016

Weekly update



I'll also be sharing on...
 Weekly Wrap hosted by HoHo Runs and MissSippiPiddlin
and trying out a new link up a Sunday Fitness and Food Linkup hosted by Ilka from Ilka’s Blog and Angela from Marathons & Motivation
Yay! I'm back to running. I even signed up for 6 virtual races as my birthday present an early b-day present to  myself. I did the first on Weds and plan to do my first 10k today (friday). I still have 2 more 10ks to do before the 19th, and signed up for 2 more in Oct. Here are the races I signed up for...

Frankenstein Virtual 5K
Haunted House Virtual 5K
Phoenix 10K Triple Challenge (3 10ks in 1 package)
Viking Virtual 5K

How my week went:
9/2/16: ran 1.87 mi on a treadmill for 20m:49s.
9/3/16: ran 2.02 mi on a treadmill for 23m:14s.
9/5/16: ran 1.76 mi on a treadmill for 18m:59s.
9/7/16: ran 3.24 mi on a treadmill for 32m:05s. My Viking Virtual 5k for US Road Running.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with all your virtual races! Just curious as I never heard of the term virtual race before, what does it mean?
    And happy birthday in advance :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A virtual race is where you register online to do a 5k, 10k, or half marathon and run it wherever you want. You just enter you time, if you want, most send out medal for participation. These are great for people like me who don't like to travel to do races.

      Delete
  2. I just love Halloween and I'll be out of town during our local Halloween themed runs but seeing all these virtual runs I think I need to sign up for some ! Great job on the ones you've done so far! I appreciate you linking up with us too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.