Sunday, October 16, 2016

Sunday Cup of...



Welcome to Sunday Cup of... grab your favorite beverage and visit with me for a bit.
Sunday Cup of... is a combination post featuring, 
The Sunday Post Hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer
It’s Monday! What Are You Reading?  Hosted by Book Date
and the Book Blog Hop hosted by Ramblings of a coffee addicted writer.
I share my week, what's going on around the blog, and what books I'm reading or have finished.



 Since I was laid up last week with a migraine, your getting a two-fer this week. Last Friday the family had a really nice day out we went to the local cider mill and got apple cider doughnuts, pumpkins, and of course apple cider.  We also took a drive out by the river and walked around an old lighthouse then a small park actually on the river, where we could watch the boats. We saw a couple of ships pass, and I took pictures of both the ships and Bolt Castle, an area attraction.  On the way home we stopped and walked around one of the old local cemeteries. 

View from light house.


One of the ships passing Bolt Castle


This week nada.


So last week on the blog...
Monday, October 3, 2016

{Book Review} Haunted Boston Harbor by Sam Baltrusis
{Spotlight} Lucy Trilogy by LM Pruitt

Tuesday, October 4, 2016

{Book Feature} Gryphon’s Passing by Krista M. Carlson

Wednesday, October 5, 2016

{Book Spotlight} Through the Veil (The Aisling Chronicles: Book One) by Colleen Halverson

Thursday, October 6, 2016
{Review} Maxler 100% Golden Whey, Milk Chocolate

Friday, October 7, 2016
{Book Blitz} Savage Prophet (The Yancy Lazarus Series: Book 4) by James A. Hunter

Saturday, October 8, 2016
Weekly Update

This week on the blog...
Monday, October 10, 2016
{Cover Reveal} The Year of Loving by Traci L. Slatton
{Spotlight} Morgaine Le Fay and the Viking (The Viking Series: Book One) by Kimbra Kasch



Saturday, October 15, 2016

All links go to Goodreads pages


What I'm Reading... 

Fool Moon (The Dresden Files, #2)
Fool Moon (The Dresden Files #2)
by Jim Butcher


Finished:
Storm Front (The Dresden Files #1)
by Jim Butcher

The Leavenworth Case (Mr. Gryce #1)
by Anna Katharine Green




Death by Roses
by Vivian R. Probst

The Grey Woman
The Grey Woman

by Elizabeth Gaskell



Started watching the Exorcist and Monster Bug Wars. 


Book Blogger Hop
I will also be joining the Book Blogger Hop hosted by Ramblings of a coffee addicted writer. Every week they will pop a question that you answer. Post your answer to your blog, and enter your post to the linky provided. Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy.

This weeks question:


 You come across an old library that has the one book you've been searching for for years, but the library happens to be haunted by ghosts. Would you go into the library to find the book? (submitted by Billy)

I could go into a long winded thing about it depends on what kind of ghosts, and blah blah blah. But short answer yeah. I'd risk going in. Although depending on what happens I might mail the book back.

So that's it for this week, hope you'll stop by next Sunday. Have a great week!

7 comments:

  1. That local cider mill visit sounds nice! I especially am curious about those donuts, they sound delicious. Sorry to hear about your migraine last week, they are the worst! Nice pictures of the river and boats! I hope you'll have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lola, and they are especially right out of the fryer.

      Delete
  2. Cider donuts, mmmmm! (I love pumpkin donuts, too.) Are you on the US or Canadian side of the river? We visited Bolt Castle when we vacationed in the Thousand Islands area in 1995 or so; I recognized it from your photo. It's a lovely area, and the castle was fun, as was the river tour boat we took.

    Have a wonderful week, and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're on the US this was taken in Alexandria Bay it's about 30 mins from where I live. I've been to the castle several times, but they were years ago as class trips. Thanks!

      Delete
  3. It's always nice to be on the water and see the boats passing by. Nice pics! And apple cider doughnuts- yum!

    I've been thinking of reading the Dresden series...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm really enjoying the Dresden series. I can't believe how different and yet the same they are as the TV series.

      Delete
  4. Apple cider doughnuts! Yum! Your Friday drive sounds so refreshing. I love the photos you shared. I miss living close to a river where we could do that. The local river here is a dry bed and we're lucky if it ever has water in it. A river just isn't a river if it doesn't have water in it, to my way of thinking.

    I hope you have a great week, Shandy Jo! Enjoy your reading.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...