Sunday, October 30, 2016

Sunday Cup of...



Welcome to Sunday Cup of... grab your favorite beverage and visit with me for a bit.
Sunday Cup of... is a combination post featuring, 
The Sunday Post Hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer
It’s Monday! What Are You Reading?  Hosted by Book Date
and the Book Blog Hop hosted by Ramblings of a coffee addicted writer.
I share my week, what's going on around the blog, and what books I'm reading or have finished.




by ArtistAbe on DeviantArt

I hope everyone is going to have a safe and happy Halloween tomorrow!!!



Yes sadly it's true, I've been procrastinating a lot lately. I've got reviews to do, posts I want to write, and other stuff, but I haven't really got them. I've been far to busy downloading freebies, playing MineCraft or Pikmin with the kids, and lots of other (non)important stuff. I've also been finding and buying Christmas Presents for DK in hopes that everything will get here before the X-mas rush. 

Although I really feel like this...

But I do want to share the freebies with you so check this out 
available for FREE from Amazon on 29 - 31 October 2016.

All links go to Goodreads pages


What I'm Reading... 
Ten Years Later
Ten Years Later
by Lisa Marie Latino

Marathon Woman: Running the Race to Revolutionize Women's Sports
Marathon Woman: Running the Race to Revolutionize Women's Sports
by Kathrine Switzer


Finished:
Persuasion
by Jane Austen



Death by Roses
by Vivian R. Probst

War and Peace
by Leo Tolstoy




Natsume's Book of Friends, this is an anime DK got me hooked on about yokai or spirits.

Book Blogger Hop
I will also be joining the Book Blogger Hop hosted by Ramblings of a coffee addicted writer. Every week they will pop a question that you answer. Post your answer to your blog, and enter your post to the linky provided. Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy.

This weeks question:


  You've been invited to a costume party and the theme is classic literature characters. Who would you go as?

Since Billy stole my answer. I would go as Joseph Rouletabille, he's like France's Sherlock Holmes only much more laid back and entertaining. His series was also written by Gaston Leroux.

So that's it for this week, hope you'll stop by next Sunday. Have a great week!

15 comments:

  1. I see you've been VERY busy, Shandy Jo! WOW! You just finished "Persuasion", and are now listening to "War and Peace"? I admire you! I tried reading "War and Peace" years ago, and didn't get very far, lol. As for Austen, I've read "Pride and Prejudice", but that's about it. I do need to read more of her novels.

    BTW, thanks for the link to free Halloween-related books on Amazon! I'll just browse the PNR & UF books, and skip the horror ones, as I don't like that genre.

    As for your BBH answer, I had no idea that Leroux had also written a detective series, so I've never heard of this character. That's a great choice, though! Detective characters deserve more Halloween costumes! And Billy 'stole' your costume, huh? Lol.

    Hope you have a Happy Halloween! Thanks for dropping by and commenting on my own BBH post!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I listen to a lot of books at work and get free audio books from Librovox, which has older works that are out of copy write so most my listening is stuff like this.
      Your very welcome, I hope you find something that fits your tastes.
      That was another gem I found on Librovox, I didn't know Leroux had written any thing but the Phantom of the Opera . Well I was going to say the Phantom, but I didn't want to copy him. :) Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Fun that there is a French Sherlock Holmes. :)

    Hope you had a good weekend.

    Happy Hopping!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Blog Hop Answer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Halloween! Love that pic- that kinda sums my feelings on Christmas stuff already, although I do like Christmas. I need to get through Thanksgiving first though, I think. :)

    I like the Book Blogger Hop question- not sure I would go as. Maybe Capt. Nemo?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greg! Yeah I know same here, I'd like to at least get into November before I start seeing Christmas trees and decorations everywhere. Good one, Capt. Nemo. Although I haven't read Moby Dick maybe that'll be next on my listening list.

      Delete
  4. I'm lucky that I stink at video games, so they don't get a chance to suck me in. But I can end up spending longer to pick my next read than it takes me to actually read it sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I suck at video games, but the kids like having me play with them so I do my best. Yes I spend a lot of time looking at books, trying to find just what I'm in the mood for.

      Delete
  5. Love the Phantom cartoon! So true but still I think you are on to the right thing getting organised now. Cuts on stress later on. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am also excited for the holidays! Even if it is only October!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a terrible procrastinator and fight it all the time. :-)
    sherry @ fundinmental My Sunday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you had a fun halloween! Downloading freebies and playing Minecraft does sound like fun. I have played Minecraft myself and know how addictive the game can be. I hope this week is a good one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.