Sunday, November 20, 2016

Sunday Cup of...



Welcome to Sunday Cup of... grab your favorite beverage and visit with me for a bit.
Sunday Cup of... is a combination post featuring, 
The Sunday Post Hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer
It’s Monday! What Are You Reading?  Hosted by Book Date
and the Book Blog Hop hosted by Ramblings of a coffee addicted writer.
I share my week, what's going on around the blog, and what books I'm reading or have finished.



Other than dreading a possible snow storm this weekend, we really have nothing going on. Although I have to say that the weather has been really weird this year. We were in the 70's Saturday and now we're waiting to see if it snows. Hopefully it won't be as bad as they're predicting. I'd be very happy with a green Christmas.

All links go to Goodread pages


What I'm Reading... 

Marathon Woman: Running the Race to Revolutionize Women's Sports
Marathon Woman: Running the Race to Revolutionize Women's Sports
by Kathrine Switzer


Finished:
by Jane Austen (re-listened to)


Pride and Prejudice
by Jane Austen (re-listening to)

Hidden Harbor Mysteries (Podcast/ audio drama)





Dk and I watched Batman: The Killing Joke Friday night. It was actually really dark, although what do you expect from Alan Moore‎. I have to say I wasn't all that impressed with it. The Joker backstory was kind of interesting but there was a lot of build up and little pay out. Yet I do love Mark Hamil as the voice of The Joker, so it was nice that they got him to do this. 


Book Blogger Hop
I will also be joining the Book Blogger Hop hosted by Ramblings of a coffee addicted writer. Every week they will pop a question that you answer. Post your answer to your blog, and enter your post to the linky provided. Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy.

This weeks question:


  Would you take a book with you when you go to your family's Thanksgiving gathering/dinner? (submitted by Billy)

As a teen I would usually take a book with me to read for family functions. I think everyone kind of expected it. As an adult no, I don't usually have time to read. I'm to busy chasing children (mine and other peoples), helping with dinner or being sociable.

So that's it for this week, hope you'll stop by next Sunday. Have a great week!

12 comments:

  1. Wow! It's already snowing where you are!

    Here’s my Sunday Post!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog and join in this week’s Book Photo Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah we've probably got an inch of snow out there right now.

      Delete
  2. We got a dusting last night but I hope Winter holds off a bit more though! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was hoping but it looks like it's here. You too!

      Delete
  3. I really enjoyed the warm weather we had on Friday (near 80) but yesterday and today are very cold with snow. Yuck! I really hope we get a green Christmas too.

    I love Jane Austen. I've listened to Pride and Prejudice on audio (read by actress Rosamund Pike) and Emma (read by actress Juliet Stevenson). I want to listen to Sense and Sensibility and Persuasion at some point too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, Friday and Saturday were nice here and then today it just dropped. I listen to the Librovox versions, because they're free.

      Delete
  4. I love Real Crime Profile!! I listen to that and Undisclosed consistently. I am going to have to check out the other ones you listed!
    It was 76 here on Friday then Saturday we had a few snow flurries. Crazy weather for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a bunch of different True Crime Podacasts I listen to, but I've never heard of Undisclosed will have to check that out.

      Delete
  5. Hope you guys don't get that storm! We got a dusting on the ground yesterday but it was cold and windy and even hail, so yeah... not nice weather. :) And it was like 30 degrees colder than the previous day.

    I need to check out Hidden Harbor Mysteries, I think I've heard of that podcast before and someone said it was really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eww sounds unpleasant. We've got some snow but most is supposed to hit us tonight. Hidden Harbor is good, but I couldn't get it to download in order and had to listen to it online.

      Delete
  6. Man, that does sound like crazy weather! But I don't blame you for not wanting that snow storm. And yeah, I'm pretty sure I always brought a book to Thanksgiving and family gatherings as a teen too! Have a great week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh Me too I usually take two or three books with me when I am staying at my parents on Thanksgiving week, but I never take the books with my when I go to my family's house on Thanksgiving day, because I just love talking to family members and making found memories with them during the holidays! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog hop. Have A Great and Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...