Sunday, November 27, 2016

Sunday Cup Of...



Welcome to Sunday Cup of... grab your favorite beverage and visit with me for a bit.
Sunday Cup of... is a combination post featuring, 
The Sunday Post Hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer
It’s Monday! What Are You Reading?  Hosted by Book Date
and the Book Blog Hop hosted by Ramblings of a coffee addicted writer.
I share my week, what's going on around the blog, and what books I'm reading or have finished.



We had a very nice Thanksgiving and I enjoyed having a 4 day weekend. Even though it went by way to fast. I'm going to be happy to get back on a normal schedule again, even if it's only for a few weeks. I'm trying to get into the Christmas spirit now that Thanksgiving is over. As you can see I've done up the blog's header in a Christmas theme. What do you think?
I'm working on getting ahead and filling spots for December, so I don't have to worry about it. I actually have a few posts for Jan already up. So this was also a fairly productive long weekend too. 

All links go to Goodread pages


What I'm Reading... 

Witch and Wombat

Witch and Wombat
by Carolyn Cushman

Finished:
Marathon Woman: Running the Race to Revolutionize Women's Sports
by Kathrine Switzer
Hidden Harbor Mysteries (Podcast/ audio drama)


Pride and Prejudice
by Jane Austen (re-listening to)

Undisclosed (podcast)





I actually watched a lot, for me anyway, this week.
Dk forced me to watch The Boneyard a really bad horror movie from the 90's

The biggest named actor was Phyllis Diller. While the little zombie ghoul creature were terrifying I laughed my butt off when the zombie poodle showed up. You have to see this...

Even the actress starts cracking up. 

He then forced me to watch the new GhostBusters movie.
Ghostbusters Poster

It was as horrible as I expected. To be honest I'm not sure what I did to deserved this kind of torture. 
And finally 

I picked up where I left off in season 6 of The Walking Dead. I made it through 2 episodes before giving up and turning it off. I don't know what happened but the show just sucks now. 


Book Blogger Hop
I will also be joining the Book Blogger Hop hosted by Ramblings of a coffee addicted writer. Every week they will pop a question that you answer. Post your answer to your blog, and enter your post to the linky provided. Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy.


This weeks question:

  Nov. 25th - Dec. 1st - Name one book that you would fight for on Black Friday! (submitted by Billy)

I really can't think of a book out now that I would fight for. Maybe the newest Molly Harper book, if it was super marked down.

So that's it for this week, hope you'll stop by next Sunday. Have a great week!

12 comments:

  1. My favorite part of the seasons is decorating the blog :) It's so fun to make holiday headers.

    The poodle scene is very funny. I actually remember that movie but it's been a VERY LONG time :)

    I hope you have a great week, Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fun decorating the blog headers. Hope you had a great week.

      Delete
  2. I like your Christmas theme. :-) I am nearly done with the gift shopping for my mom and in-laws. Now to concentrate on my husband and daughter. I am glad you had a nice Thanksgiving! Ours was nice too. I'm not especially looking forward to having to go back to work tomorrow. I've enjoyed having this past week off.

    Witch and Wombat sounds good! I'm sorry you didn't like the new Ghostbusters movie. I haven't seen it, but I hope to at some point. I'm a glutten for punishment, what can I say. :-)

    I can't say a book would make me want to go out to shop on Black Friday, but I went with a book I am excited about.

    I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a great thanksgiving, and I like your holiday theme! I love long weekends and they do always go by way too fast! Hope you have a great new week.

    I agree about The Walking Dead, I had a super hard time with S6 (it was all lead up to Negan, seemed like, and I was SO bored). the new season isn't much better lol. That show has really declined...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes they do go by way to fast. I'm actually hearing that alot about The Walking Dead.

      Delete
  4. Glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! And I don't know if I could bring myself to watch the new Ghostbusters movie, since I loved the original so much!


    Here’s my Sunday Post!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog and join in this week’s Book Photo Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a cute Christmas look to your header, Shandy Jo! I really like it!

    I'm not into horror movies at all (or books, for that matter), but if a horror flick is SO bad it makes people laugh, that's pretty pathetic! Lol.

    The first "Ghostbusters" movie is one of my faves. So disappointed to hear that the second one isn't as good..... :(

    I really like the looks of "Witch and Wombat". That cover is AWESOME!! Gotta go check it out on Goodreads.

    Oh, how nice that you're listening to "Pride and Prejudice"! I've read the book, but have not listened to it. Might try that out! Reading always comes first for me, but, if I really like a book, I'll listen to it, as well!

    I would "fight" for "The Invisible Library", by Genevieve Cogman (and its sequels) -- online, that is! Lol.

    Thanks for sharing! Also, thanks for dropping by and commenting on my own BBH post! Have a GREAT week!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you check out Witch and Wombat it's a great book. I've found that I can listen to book that I'd never be able to read. If that makes sense. Hope you had a great week.

      Delete
  6. Those four day weekends are great. FAB trailer. LOL
    sherry @ fundinmental My Sunday Memes

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.