Thursday, November 17, 2016

Take a Hike Day!


Even though I haven't been able to do it in the last few years, hiking is one of my favorite outdoor activities. I just love walking though the wood, and feeling at peace in nature. My first real hike was on our honeymoon, DK and I tried to hike up Cascade Mountain in the High Peaks. We were completely unprepared, and only managed to get half-way up the mountain, but I still loved it. I have to admit that one of my bucket list items is to finish that climb. Since today is Take a Hike Day, I'm going to share with you my favorite hike.
DK and I did this for my birthday in 2013, Bald Mountain it's a short, 2 miles round trip, trail. It does have some rough spots where you're going up sheer rock, but that's part of the fun.




It has a beautiful view from the top, especially in the fall when the leaves are changing color.



I absolutely loved hiking up this mountain and have been begging DK to go to the High Peaks ever since. I mean the only thing that could top this, is hiking up a bigger mountain.
Cotopaxi, an outdoor wear company that makes everything from adventure backpacks to sweaters, listed a few other hikes below with amazing sights if you don't live in the New York area. Personally I would love to see the Harding Icefield trail in Alaska.

Have you been bitten by the hiking bug? Do you have a favorite hike or trail you'd like to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.