Weekly Update




I'll also be sharing on...

 Weekly Wrap hosted by HoHo Runs and MissSippiPiddlin
and linking up with Sunday Fitness and Food Linkup hosted by Ilka from Ilka’s Blog and Angela from Marathons & Motivation

Saturday I broke out my weights and did my first weight training session in months.  When I finished my legs were like jello and my arms noodles, but I felt pretty good. I actually forgot how good it feels to lift. Not so great the rest of the week though, the DOMs left me like
I didn't stop feeling sore until Thursday, and then did it again Friday morning. I'm thinking Friday should be my strength training day as I'll have the weekend to recover.  

November Goals:
Start tracking calories using LoseIt! : 7/7 I managed to log everyday this week
One day a week of dedicated strength training: 2/7 I guess technically the Saturdays work out could count for last week, but my weeks have been running from Sat to Friday.
The step goal is on hold until I get a new activity tracker
Here's what I did this week...

11/5/16: Weightlifting 45 mins
11/6/16: ran 2.12 miles in 16:04 mins 
Yoga 21:14 mins
11/7/16: Rest
11/8/16:  Yoga 25 min
11/9/16: ran 2.45 miles in 18:37 mins 
11/10/16: rest
11/11/16: Weightlifting 30 min


Comments

  1. Oh that feeling... for me, I think the worst is two days after a workout. I haven't done any type of strength training in years. I need to add some in... I have also been skipping out on yoga. NOT GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This week the worst was day 3, I didn't even want to get out of bed. I think that was part of the problem, since I hadn't done anything but body weight strength training in several months. I'm hoping I can keep my momentum and maybe do more than one day a week soon. Good luck on getting back into your own strength training, I know it's hard but it's worth it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.