Friday, December 16, 2016

(DIY) Aromatherapy Bath Salts



Homemade bath salts are the easiest thing on the planet to make, all you need is...
  • Epsom salts
  • Essential oil of choice
  • Food coloring (optional)
Take desired amount of Epsom salts and add essential oil, depending on scent anywhere from 2-10 drops. Remember that you are adding this to several gallons of water and the scent will dissipate, but you don't want to over do it or cause a skin reaction. Use your own judgement, but I tend to go with less is more. If you intend to let kids use these half the oil you would use for yourself. To give it a little pizzazz add a few drops of food coloring, this will color the water but won't stain you or bathtub.

Bath salts I've made lavender, peppermint, lavender & peppermint, stress relief and eucalyptus. I made the eucalyptus when we all had colds to relieve congestion.  Lavender and the lavender/peppermint is great before bed to help relax. The Epsom salt helps to relieve aches and pains while the essential oils help to relax or whatever you need them to do.

To create the peppermint in red/white it's really simple take and add scent to all the salt then separate into two containers add red food coloring to one container then pour into jar alternating red and white.

These are nice because you can adjust the scent levels to your taste and use what you want also they are much cheaper than buying the same thing from a store. Another thing if you dress them up like I did they make great gifts. All I used was baby food jars, (I was given) a little ribbon and printed off card stock labels cut with decorative craft scissors.

Note: I am not a professional and this is based on what I did and what worked for me. What works for other folks isn't the same. Please use care when using essential oils and keep all the ingredients out of the reach of children.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.