Thursday, December 22, 2016

(DIY) Sugar Scrub



I absolutely love this stuff! I'm utterly addicted to making my own sugar scrubs. I usually have dry itchy skin in the Winter, since using this no more dry itchy skin.  It exfoliates and re-hydrates your skin. It's super easy and totally customizable. Although my all time fave is Brown sugar and Vanilla. Basically its a 2:1 ratio of sugar and oil, then whatever scent floats your boat.

For example the Brown sugar Vanilla one's recipe is
1 Cup of Brown Sugar
1 Cup of Granulated Sugar
1 Cup of Extra Light Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon of Pure Vanilla Extract.

But you can use any oil and scent combo you'd like. Also it doesn't have to be brown sugar, you could use two cups granulated sugar. 

Once mixed just spoon into an empty jar, I've used an old salsa jar for the gift I made, but a plastic peanut butter jar might be better for keeping in the shower since if you drop it, no breakage. I use an old Nutella jar and it lasts about one- two weeks. If you need a quick last minute gift this works great, you probably have all the ingredients right in your cupboard.

Note: I am not a professional and this is based on what I did and what worked for me. What works for other folks isn't the same. Please use care when using essential oils. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...