Friday, December 30, 2016

Last Runfession of 2016 & 2017 Goals


Holy wow, Where did the year go? I'm linking up with Marcia's A Healthy Slice, for Runfessions the very last of 2016. So Happy New Year!!  I don't know about you all but I'm really super duper glad that the holidays are over. I'm looking forward to a new year and a clean slate so to speak.

Ok so I Runfess that I'm a little nervous about starting half marathon training. I'm not sure why, but this seems like a big deal. Like now I'm in the big leagues. No more of these little 5 - 10k, we're going all the way... alright half the way.

I Runfess that I was surprised to see that I've run 431.35 miles total this year. Zombies Run has my stats in these graphs and it's so cool to see the distance get bigger while my pace gets smaller.  I've done 8 virtual 5ks and 3 virtual 10ks and this is only my first year really running. 




I Runfess that I don't like resolutions, but I do think it's fun to set a few small goals to accomplish during the year. So here are the things I'd like to accomplish in 2017.

Run a half-marathon (maybe a marathon)
Zombie Run 5k or 10k
Squat my own body weight
Lift the big rolls of fabric at work and load them without help
Run a few real races


What about you do you have goals for 2017?
Do you want to accomplish something in the new year that your nervous about?


10 comments:

  1. As I tell everyone, if I can run a half, you can too! And the first one is always the hardest. :)

    Well, in some days . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on the "boycott" of resolutions....I much prefer monthly goals or challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a big year of running in 2016 so 2017 will be slower (literally and figuratively) and I am going to do some new things too. I love running but a full year of training kind of burned me out.
    Congrats on setting a goal of a half marathon ! It is a huge goal and accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I don't think I could do a full year of training either, I need to have fun with my runs.

      Delete
  4. You covered a lot of miles for not doing longer races - I bet your fitness base is excellent for the Half. I'm doing a Half for the first time in a few years, so I'm focusing on longer distances too.Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the best with your half training. It IS a big deal and you're going to be great! I made resolutions last year for the first time ever and I think I was an epic fail at most of them. Does that mean I need a redo?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marica!! I say if you want a redo, take it! :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.