Sunday, December 4, 2016

Sunday Cup of...



Welcome to Sunday Cup of... grab your favorite beverage and visit with me for a bit.
Sunday Cup of... is a combination post featuring, 
The Sunday Post Hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer
It’s Monday! What Are You Reading?  Hosted by Book Date
and the Book Blog Hop hosted by Ramblings of a coffee addicted writer.
I share my week, what's going on around the blog, and what books I'm reading or have finished.



This was not a good week for me, I've been feeling under the weather, and stressed completely out. I've been dealing with some crap from co-workers which has driven me to start looking for another job. Between feeling sick and something that happened at work, I actually took a day off. But the fact is right now is not a good time to be looking for a new job. I'm considering some work at home options and maybe trying to monetize the blog. I've refused for a long time, but desperate times and all that. 
Thoughts? Anyone have any tips?
In other news I have busted through my writers block and the end of book four of The Survivalistas is in sight. I'll probably have it done by the end of the year and hopefully I'll have 4.5 done shortly after that, which will be the end of the series. I'm sort of sad and happy to see the end in sight. Sad because I've been working on this for so long, but happy for the same reason. Now I can move on to a new project. 

All links go to Goodread pages


What I'm Reading... 

The Vast Unknown: America's First Ascent of Everest


The Vast Unknown: America's First Ascent of Everest
by Broughton Coburn

Restless Spirits

Restless Spirits
by Jean Marie Bauhau

Finished:
Witch and Wombat
by Carolyn Cushman

by Jane Austen (re-listening to)


Emma

by Jane Austen, Elizabeth Klett (Narrator)

Undisclosed (podcast)




Because I had such a crap week DK let me watch Fantastic Beast and Where to Find Them. I'm not much of a Harry Potter fan but I really enjoyed this movie. 



Ok I must be a glutton for punishment because I went back again and started watching The Walking Dead, I'm almost done with season 6.

Book Blogger Hop
I will also be joining the Book Blogger Hop hosted by Ramblings of a coffee addicted writer. Every week they will pop a question that you answer. Post your answer to your blog, and enter your post to the linky provided. Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy.


This weeks question:

  Dec. 2nd - 8th - What format do you use to set up your giveaways? Rafflecopter, Google, Leave a Comment for an entry, or some other style? (submitted by Elizabeth)

I use Google Forms to set up my giveaways.

So that's it for this week, hope you'll stop by next Sunday. Have a great week!

20 comments:

  1. I feel like work that just causes you stress and drama is not good for your health so finding a job when you are finacially able could be a great idea. I hope you feel better! And wow, you've almost written four books? You are incredible. I'm trying to write my first one. It's just for fun because I'm a crap writer but it's such a journey.

    Btw I didn't know Google Forms was a thing so thank for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They're actually novellas, and I just wrote them for fun. I'm not great at writing but I have a pretty crazy imagination. Your welcome! Have a great week!

      Delete
  2. I use Google Forms too. Easy to set up and easy for the folks entering information into the form.

    I hope you are having a good weekend.

    Nice to see you on the Blog Hop this week.

    Happy Hopping!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Blog Hop Answer

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry to hear about your bad week. i hope you feel better soon and you can find a new job. If you're good at editing or designing or something you might consider starting your own business. As far as I heard a book blog is difficult to monetize, I think other type of blogs are better for that. I am glad to hear you had a good week in terms of writing. I hope the next week is a good one for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lola, I've thought about it but eh I'm not really good enough to do my own business.

      Delete
  4. I am so sorry things at work are so bad. I know what it's like to be stuck and miserable in a job. I hope things start to look up for you on that front, at least enough to get you through until you are able to find something better.

    Restless Spirits sounds good. I hope you are enjoying it. I would like to go back and listen to some of my favorite classics--like Emma. I have Jane Eyre and Pride and Prejudice on audio, but haven't yet listened to them. Given how many times I have reread both though, I can only imagine I will enjoy the audio experience too!

    I hope you have a better week, Shandy Jo! Sending hugs your way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy. I enjoy listening to the classics much more than reading them. It a good distraction at work too. :)

      Delete
  5. Sorry it was a rough week, but good luck with the writing and with the job search. I haven't found a great way to monetize the blog yet but some people do have success with it obviously. I think Lola's right it's harder maybe with a book blog? Anyway I've heard ratracerebellion.com is a good site for work at home stuff, but haven't used it myself. From what I've heard they try to weed out scam type stuff?

    Yay for seeing Fantastic beasts! I haven't yet. And S6 of Walking dead was touch and go for me, I'm liking S7 so far better (other than that premiere) although negan irritates me!!! Ha ha have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion! I started S7 of Walking Dead, I'm on the fence about but will probably watch it if I get bored.

      Delete
  6. I make something very similar to your macaroni soup. It is so comforting. My whole family loves it.

    Hope next week is better for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DK loves the macaroni soup, it's a good comfort meal. Thanks!

      Delete
  7. I'm sorry that work has gotten you down. I'm also looking for another job, one's that's not so stressful for me, so I hope next week goes well for you!

    Here’s my Sunday Post!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog and join in this week’s Book Photo Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry your week was on the crappy side, and yeah the holidays are the worst time for seeking new employment. Good luck and hang in there. Is there by any chance a way to move within the company to another department?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and no I've actually moved up to here and the only way is back down which my boss will not do.

      Delete
  9. Ooooh, so sorry this was not a good week for you....:( I can totally empathize with you, as I used to have a full-time day job (as well as the part-time night job I still have) where I was MISERABLE. And I hung on to that job for 10 years....can you believe it? Well, I needed the money.... Now I only have the night job, and, even though I'm making less, I am SO MUCH HAPPIER. So, KUDOS to you for being proactive and looking for another job! I wish you the best in that endeavor!!

    As for work-at-home options, be very careful, as many of these offers can be scams. I've thought of doing this, too. Monetizing your blog sounds like a good idea. I tried adding Google AdSense to my blog, but have not made much from this. You might have better luck, though.

    I have more to comment on, but am running a bit late. I'm getting ready to leave for my night job right now. I'll be back, as Arnold says! Lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm not sure what I'm going to do I'm still rolling ideas around. :)

      Delete
  10. Okay, I'm back!

    CONGRATS on finishing your Survivalistas series!! WOOT, WOOT!!! YAAAAY!! I need to check that out! AWESOME that you broke out of your writing slump!

    I've read "Pride and Prejudice", and might try listening to it at some point in the future. I always prefer to read an actual book the first time I come across it. Then, if I really like it, I'll listen to it, too.

    I would definitely like to go on to other Jane Austen novels. it will be either "Emma" or "Northanger Abbey" next!

    Oh, how AWESOME that you've watched "Fantastic Beasts"!!! I own the book, but haven't read it yet. I'm a HUGE Harry Potter fan!!! I even have the Gryffindor robe, plus the sweater vest and necktie. Also, I'm the proud owner of the Harry Potter and Hermione Granger illuminated wands!! Lol. Of course, I own all the books, as well! I SO want to see this movie!! Maybe hubs will take me tomorrow, as our wedding anniversary was on Dec. 6th. We didn't celebrate that day because of work.

    As for the giveaway question, I see that you and Elizabeth @ Silver's Reviews both use Google forms. I will have to investigate that further. I've been using Rafflecopter ever since I stopped pulling names out of hats, lol. It's very easy and convenient for me to use. But maybe I should look into other options.

    Thanks for sharing all of your news!! I meant to add this comment earlier, but, as you know, sometimes life gets a little busy, and also unexpected glitches can come up. Lol.

    TGIF!! Hope you have a GREAT weekend!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Happy Late Anniversary. I hope you enjoy it as it's a wonderful movie. But from the sound of it you will given your level of Harry Potter fandom :). No problem I understand. Have a great week!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.