Sunday, December 25, 2016

Sunday Cup of...Merry Christmas!



Welcome to Sunday Cup of... grab your favorite beverage and visit with me for a bit.
Sunday Cup of... is a combination post featuring, 
The Sunday Post Hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer
It’s Monday! What Are You Reading?  Hosted by Book Date
and the Book Blog Hop hosted by Ramblings of a coffee addicted writer.
I share my week, what's going on around the blog, and what books I'm reading or have finished.





by ArtistAbe

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Christmas or whatever Holiday you celebrate. I got some wonderful present from DK and the kids. They seem to be enjoying their gifts too. I've got wrapping paper from one end of the house to the other and a turkey in oven. It's nice to have some down time to spend with my family. I'm going to enjoy my long weekend, hope you do too. 

All links go to Goodread pages


What I'm Reading... 

Not sure yet, DK got me some books for Christmas but I have reviews to do so... sigh #bookishgirlproblems.

Finished:

Sadie Walker is Stranded (Zombie #2)

Sadie Walker is Stranded (Zombie #2)
by Madeleine Roux (DNFY - Did not finish yet. This means I plan on finishing it just not any time soon. I'm just not in the mood for zombies right now and I don't like forcing myself to read.)


Restless Spirits

Restless Spirits
by Jean Marie Bauhau



Emma

by Jane Austen, Elizabeth Klett (Narrator)

Undisclosed (podcast)







Season 2 of Fear the Walking Dead almost done with it. 

I'm also joining the Book Blogger Hop hosted by Ramblings of a coffee addicted writer. Every week they will pop a question that you answer. Post your answer to your blog, and enter your post to the linky provided. Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy.


This weeks question:

 Do you participate in reading challenges that have you reading for 24 hours, challenges that have a yearly goal, challenges that have you reading certain genres, or do you not participate in challenges? (submitted by Elizabeth)

Ok lets break this down, first part - I have 2 kids and a husband reading for 24 hours is out of the question.
Second part - Only the Goodreads challenge.
Third part - nope
Fourth part see second part

I tried doing challenges but always seemed to fail. After awhile it stopped being fun, so I stopped doing it.


So that's it for this week, hope you'll stop by next Sunday. Have a great week!


7 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas and enjoy which ever book you decide to pic to read!! :)

    Stormi
    Week in Review

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! I love the Joker and Harley Quinn artwork!

    Here’s my Sunday Post!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog and join in this week’s Book Photo Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Down time is so good. I am making a turkey today as well. I am so sad that The Walking Dead is over until February. I am all caught up on Fear the Walking Dead.
    It is good to put a book down when you are not in the mood to read it rather than power through it. I am a big fan of reading what you want.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I stopped with the challenges a few years ago, except for the Goodreads one, which I did for three years, but not in 2016. This past year, I did the Read the Books You Buy Challenge, which was a huge success (whittled 100 books off my purchased shelves!). I'm doing it again in 2017.

    Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas with family...I celebrated last night with my daughter and her family...and got some wonderful gift cards for books and movies and restaurants. They know me so well! LOL

    Thanks for sharing, and enjoy the rest of the holidays...and here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas!! Enjoy the long weekend! I need to finish up Fear...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I had more time to read things other than blogs but I simply don't. A 24 reading challenge sounds pretty dang cool though, wait it could be the thought of in a quiet room all alone that makes it sound so intriguing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you had a great Christmas! Sounds like you all got some good presents so far! I usually join a few yearly reading challenges, but not the 24 hours ones. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.