Saturday, December 17, 2016

Weekly Update




I'll also be sharing on...

 Weekly Wrap hosted by HoHo Runs and MissSippiPiddlin
and linking up with Sunday Fitness and Food Linkup hosted by Ilka from Ilka’s Blog and Angela from Marathons & Motivation

The training plan has derailed once again this week, between work, kids, and snow. I was lazy, there I admitted it. This week we got dumped on weather wise, by the time I got home I was tired from work, stressed due to weather on top of life in general, and ended up having to help kids with homework (that I didn't even understand). By the time I was done dealing with everything it was just to late. The FIL has been sick and going to bed early, he lives upstairs, so I didn't want to disturb him by jumping on the treadmill at 8pm. I did get caught up yesterday by once again doing two runs back to back.
My trail running days are over, until spring anyway. I took this picture last weekend, before we got another foot of snow dumped on us. C and I walked around and played in the snow a bit last Saturday.

But I have been keeping up with Holiday Workout Challenge- The 12 Days of "Fit-mas". These are just quick 5-15 min workouts. So I guess I wasn't totally lazy.

December Goals:
One day a week of dedicated strength training: 0/7 - I am failing miserably at this goal.
Here's what I did this week...

12/10/16: Mostly slacked but did a short walk and played in the snow with C
12/11/16: ran 4.27 mi in 30:15 mins
12/12/16:  SANTA Workout 
12/12/16:  GIFTS Workout 
12/14/16: COOKIES Workout
12/15/16: RUDOLPH Workout
Shoveled snow and got groceries
(This totally counts as a workout as we now have to carry them down a flight of stairs, because we can't get to the back door due to snow.)
12/16/16: ELVES Workout
Ran 5.13 miles in 37:41 mins
Ran 4.46 miles in 32:57 mins
Grand total  9.59 miles in around 1 hr 10 mins 39 secs
(If my calculations are correct feel free to correct my if I'm wrong.)



1 comment:

  1. I had to shovel snow on Saturday as well. So then I figured since I was outside and wet, I'd try walking. After two slips and a fall, I decided it was the couch for me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.