(DIY) Detox and Stress Relief Bath Soak

So now that the Holidays are over I can take some time for me.  De-stressing and detoxing after the Holiday eating.  I decided to create a detox / stress relief bath soak. I took bits and pieces from different recipes and put them together, along with some things I like to get this.


Here's what I did in an old glass pickle jar I combined  2 Cups Epsom Salt, 1/2 a cup to about 1 Cup Baking Soda, Essential Oils - I used 10 Drops Lavender, 5 Drops Peppermint, and 3 Drops Eucalyptus (use peppermint and eucalyptus sparingly as they can make sensitive parts tingly). I also had some Honey Lavender Stress Relief tea, which I can't stand the taste of, I threw two tea bags in too. If you don't like things floating in the tub leave this out. Soak for at least 20 minutes in as hot as you can stand water.

The whole idea behind the detox bath is to work up a good sweat and open your pores to release all the yucky toxins in your body. The Epsom Salt helps to pull the toxins out and replace with good minerals your body needs. The Baking Soda helps if you have chemicals in your water and will also make your skin soft.

Lavender - Relaxing and relieves stress
Peppermint- Invigorating, but also helps with dry skin
Eucalyptus - Helps to boost immune system and open sinuses.

As for the tea it probably doesn't do much other than make the soak look nice and clog my drain but hey I like it.

While researching this I found a couple different detox bathes: Epsom Salt or a combo of Epsom Salt and baking soda, an Apple Cider Vinegar soak, a combination of the three and a ginger soak. The only one I haven't tried yet is the ginger. After each I had a little headache, was slightly light headed and felt a little nausea. All this passed fairly quickly after I got some water in me. Remember it's flushing out the toxins by making you sweat so you'll want to re-hydrate. While I doubt taking a bath to often could hurt you, I usually only do this once a week. Being able to just relax and take time for me, is kind of like a mental detox but not always available.

Note: I am not a health care or fitness professional and this is based on what I did and what worked for me. What works for other folks isn't the same. Please use care when using essential oils. If Pregnant, breast feeding, have heart trouble, high blood pressure, or are diabetic check with your doctor before taking any detox bathes.

Comments