Wednesday, January 11, 2017

(DIY) Homemade Lipbalm


Winter has more than settled in around here and the cold is damaging to any exposed skin like that on your face, especially your lips. Now I love my Carmex, but it's fun to try and make your own lip balm now 'n again.

Here is a basic lip balm recipe...

Ingredients:
1.25 oz Beeswax
1.5 oz Shea Butter
1.1 oz Coconut Oil
1.1 oz Sweet Almond Oil
0.05 oz Tocopherol (Vitamin E)(optional)
Flavoring oil

Instructions:
Melt ingredients together in a Pyrex measuring cup in the microwave. Add flavoring to taste, if desired. Pour into lip balm tubes or tubs. Makes approx. 20, .25 oz lip balms.

You can switch the Coconut oil and Sweet Almond oil out with any carrier oil like Olive, Sesame, or Apricot. The recipe is really versatile and can be changed to suit your needs. I also took a tiny bit of lipstick and added it to the mix for a bit of color.

Labels are just printed off and Duct taped on with funky Duct tape. Yes I love my Duct tape. I made peppermint, bubble gum and Monkey Fart flavored balms. I still have a ton of base left so I plan on experimenting some more maybe I can get it to work.

Note: I am not a professional and this is based on what I did and what worked for me. What works for other folks isn't the same. Please use care when using essential oils and keep all the ingredients out of the reach of children. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.