Monday, January 9, 2017

Walking to Mordor Challenge


Thanks to Rachelle @ Fortified By Books for turning me on to this challenge. Nerd Fitness is a great resource, but in all my time over there I never saw this, the Walking to Mordor Challenge. Did you know it’s 1779 miles from Hobbiton to Mount Doom? That's way more than I ran this year. So I've decided to try and walk/run to Modor.


So here's the breakdown...

458 miles: Hobbiton to Rivendell.
462 miles:  Rivendell, through Moria, to Lothlorien.
389 miles:  Lothlorien, down the Anduin, to Rauros Falls.
470 miles: Rauros to Mt. Doom.
535 miles: Minas Tirith to Isengard
693 miles: Isengard to Rivendell.
397 miles: Rivendell to Bag End.
467 miles: (bonus!) Follow Frodo to the Grey Havens and return home with Sam.


Now I've got no exact time limit placed on this challenge, I just want to see how long it will take me. According it what I've found it took Frodo and Sam 6 months to get to Mt Doom and the whole adventure took around 3 years, give or take. (Of course this is if I'm reading the timelines right, the crazy stuff people figure out and post on the internet.) Ok hopefully it won't take me 3 years, but hey who knows. If you want to follow my progress you can do so here -> Walking to Modor and back and I'd add it to my weekly update. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...