Saturday, January 7, 2017

Weekly Update



I'll be sharing on...
Weekly Wrap hosted by HoHo Runs and MissSippiPiddlin
and linking up with Sunday Fitness and Food Linkup hosted by Ilka from Ilka’s Blog and Angela from Marathons & Motivation

Ok so I kinda screwed up my training plan already. Yeah I know it's only week 1 and I've already doubled up two days. The 6 mile days are actually 3.1 mile days done twice. Looking on the bright side, I need to work on longer runs anyway. I'm working on adding more strength training, but it's still not going well. I have been eating less crap though, so I got that going for me.


January Goals:
Keep up with Marathon training plan: 3/5 
Strength training once a week: 0/7 this week.
Eat healthier: 7/7 

Here's what I did this week...
12/31/16: Ran 3.35 miles in 24:46 mins
1/1/17: Rest (Slacked)
1/2/17: Ran 6.68 miles in 48:26 mins
5 mins yoga
1/3/17: Rest
1/4/17: Rest
1/5/17: Rest
1/6/17: Ran 6.78 miles in 50:38 mins
1 hour of shoveling and an hour of grocery shopping.


16 comments:

  1. You still had a good week! I'm in the middle of training for a 3-day 50 mile walk that I'm doing in March and really need to get my butt in gear ;) And I desperately need to get back to doing yoga more regularly!

    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Ok a 3 day 50 mile walk is way more than you'll ever catch me doing. Kudos to you!

      Delete
  2. Nice job... What marathon are you training for and when is it? *waves pompoms and cheers*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I haven't decided yet, but the goal is something in March.

      Delete
  3. Great job on your workouts. I am making an effort to eat better as well by preparing more meals in advanced.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, yes prepping my lunches and breakfasts in advance has been a big help.

      Delete
  4. I think grocery shopping should totally count as something! Next time I go, I want to track it with CharityMiles to see what it might amount too.

    Great job eating less crap! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I count it because we have to carry the bags down a flight of stairs, so it's up/ down for like ten minutes. Plus heavy bags so I totally count it as a workout. But it would be interesting to see what it amounts too. Thanks!

      Delete
  5. It's early in the training game so I think you'll be find. Which half are you training for anyway?
    I've got to get back on track with my eating. Since the holidays I feel like I need more sweets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, not sure yet but the aim is something in March.

      Delete
  6. Sounds like you still had a good week! Thanks for linking up at Sunday Fitness & Food :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...