Friday, February 10, 2017

{Book Review} Harley Quinn's Gang of Harleys by Jimmy Palmiotti & Frank Tieri

Harley Quinn's Gang of Harleys
by Jimmy Palmiotti; Frank Tieri
Publisher: DC Comics
Release: February 11th 2017
Genre: Fiction: Teen-Adult- Comic, Graphic Novel
How I got it: Received a copy from publisher on Netgalley

With mischief afoot and tricks to be had, Harley Quinn and her Gang of Harleys are loose and no one is safe! Battling villains or saving civilians, which side are they on, only the Harleys know!

The best-selling creative team of Jimmy Palmiotti and Frank Tieri comes this mini-series Harley Quinn and her Gang of Harleys!

Collecting: Harley Quinn and her Gang of Harleys 1-6


Review: I have mixed feeling about this collection. The first thing that struck me was the artwork was a little off. The faces, seemed to not really fit the characters and there were other little things that just didn't work. The story was eh, not horrible but not great either. I didn't think this Harleen Sinn should have given Harley as much trouble as she did. I mean Harley beat the crude out of the Joker. The Joker! Needless to say I wasn't crazy about this new villain.
Yet the story was decent, with lots of action and witty comebacks. I'm very conflicted about this as I think if they had a different villain the arc would have been much better.  I just didn't like the whole poor rich girl who's daddy didn't give me enough attention. It's been done! Come on... original ideas people, get some!
Over all the writers did an ok job, but they need some more new material.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.