Thursday, February 16, 2017

{DIY Spa} Coffee Facial & Milk and Honey Hair Mask

So I decided to turn my kitchen / head into an experiment today. I decided to pamper myself a little,
Not a flattering look
but didn't really have anything to pamper myself with... so I made some stuff. First I made a Coffee Facial. This is super simple and left my skin feeling actually nice.
Coffee has a lot of wonderful anti-oxidants that firm up skin, it also reduces inflammation and redness, it can help the appearance of under eye circles. As an exfoliate, removes dead skin and “wakes up” a tired complexion. Honey is a natural humectant that locks in moisture.
All you need for this mask is instant coffee and honey.
  • Combine equal amounts of coffee and warm honey.
  • Mix it together and apply to your face for about 10-20 minutes
  • Rinse off with warm water. For added exfoliation rub in circles as you rinse. 
I'd like to try adding cocoa powder next time, for added benefits.

Next I made a milk and honey hair mask here's what I did.
  • 1/2 cup low-fat milk 
  • 1 tbs honey
  • I used some flour to thicken it

Per the recipe- I warmed up milk in the microwave, added the honey and stirred until fully dissolved. Then I tried to add enough flour to make it mask like, but only succeeded in a thin gravy texture. Since I'd gotten this far I pour it over my head and because I didn't have a shower cap used a plastic bag with a towel over my hair. I waited 15-20 minutes, then showered. After rinsing it out I used my vinegar rinse. My hair does look slightly shiner, and the itchy scalp that has been plaguing me has eased, but I'm not sure it really did anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...