Thursday, March 9, 2017

{Book Review} A Ghostly Mortality (Ghostly Southern Mysteries #6) by Tonya Kappes

A Ghostly Mortality (Ghostly Southern Mysteries #6)
by Tonya Kappes
Publisher: Witness
Released: February 28th 2017
Genre: Fiction- Adult: Cozy Paranormal Mystery
How I got it:  Received a copy from the Publisher

That ghost sure looks . . . familiar

Only a handful of people know that Emma Lee Raines, proprietor of a small-town Kentucky funeral home, is a “Betweener.” She helps ghosts stuck between here and the ever-after—murdered ghosts. Once Emma Lee gets them justice they can cross over to the great beyond.

But Emma Lee’s own sister refuses to believe in her special ability. In fact, the Raines sisters have barely gotten along since Charlotte Rae left the family business for the competition. After a doozy of an argument, Emma Lee is relieved to see Charlotte Rae back home to make nice. Until she realizes her usually snorting, sarcastic, family-ditching sister is a . . . ghost.

Charlotte Rae has no earthly idea who murdered her or why. With her heart in tatters, Emma Lee relies more than ever on her sexy beau, Sheriff Jack Henry Ross…because this time, catching a killer means the Raines sisters will have to make peace with each other first.

Review: I have to say the cliff hanger at the end of book 5 left me itching to read this one. I was super excited to get a chance to review it. Emma Lee's sister Charlotte Rae is her newest "Betweener" client. It's quite a shock for both of them, Emma Lee because her sister is dead and Charlotte Rae because her sister really can see dead people.  As I've come to expect with Ms Knappes books, we are lead on a twisty trail trying to figure out who dun'it. I found it hard to put this book down as I was pulled along with Emma to investigate. Having this case so close to our heroine, made it a bit more heart wrenching and I found myself tearing up a couple times feeling for Emma Lee.
Ms Knappes did a wonderful job with the story keeping her usual wit and humor even though this was a bit sadder than the others in the series. The plot moves along at a good clip, with clues dropped right when we need them. Factor in the colorful cast of characters already established in Sleepy Hallow and you have winner in my humble opinion.



1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this book. I have it on my list to read after reading so many great reviews.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.