Saturday, March 18, 2017

#FitReader Weekly Update




I'll be sharing on...
Weekly Wrap hosted by HoHo Runs and MissSippiPiddlin
and linking up with Sunday Fitness and Food Linkup hosted by Ilka from Ilka’s Blog and Angela from Marathons & Motivation

Last Saturday I ran the Yin Yang Virtual Half Marathon my time was 2:10:36, I'm feeling pretty good about that. Now that it's over I'm trying to figure out what my next goal will be. No, it's not going to be a full marathon. I think for awhile at least I'll be sticking to 5 and 10ks.

I am trying to get up earlier and workout, I've started doing 5 mins just some yoga stretches. It's a scaled down version of my Morning Workout. I want to keep adding a few minutes each morning until I'm getting up at 4:30 - 4:00 in the morning to get a half hour run or work out in. I used to be a morning person but lately I've become not so much a morning person. I want to change this as I think if I start working out in the mornings it's less time I'm going to be taking away from the family and feeling guilty about it. This is one of my main reasons for shrugging off my workouts, is to spend time with the kids or DK since I'm working all the time. At least it feels that way. Oh so there is my new goal, I just figure it out... wake up early to work out.

Changing gears, so everybody who got snowed in this week raise your hand.


Yup me! I wasn't able to go to work Weds, because we got stuck in the driveway. It took several hours to clear the snow as some drifts were up to my hip. I had to knock them down so DK could use the snow blower to get it out of the drive. 
But hey a day off is a day off, am I right?


In other news 
March Goals:
Strength training once a week: 0/7 this week. 
Eat healthier: 4/7 
Hit at least 2000 calories everyday: 0/7
Walking to Mordor: 89.16 /1779 miles

Here's what I did this week...
3/11/17: Ran 13.11 miles in 2:10:36 my Yin Yang Half Marathon
3/12/17: Yoga 17 mins
3/13- 14/17: Recouping
3/15/17: 1+ hour snow shoveling
3/16/17: 10 min morning workout
1 hr grocery shopping


4 comments:

  1. I'm raising my hand - we got 15 inches of snow here in NY! How much did you end up getting? I ended up doing quite a bit of shoveling myself as well - we had a plow guy come to do the driveaway and it was a fiasco - he got stuck, we ended up having to use the snow blower anyway to do half the driveaway - it was awful! So, I, too got some of my workouts from shoveling this week!

    I do much better when I have a goal, or race, to work towards. I just did a big walk 2 weeks ago and now need to find something else to work/train towards...I'm thinking of trying to find a local 1/2 marathon or something this summer.

    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in NY as well and we probably got about the same. Our problem was the wind blew the snow into these huge drifts in the driveway.

      Delete
  2. GREAT JOB! on the half marathon! I no longer run, but I remember that feeling of accomplishment. Awesome! If you are looking for another goal, but don't want to go to a full marathon, what about a goal of improving your time on another half? Or do something like picking out a 5k or 10k each month to run - gives you a perpetual goal.

    And *Raises Hand* we were hit by the blizzard last Tuesday, which was accompanied by a power outage for the afternoon, evening and night. Luckily we have a generator, so once I shoveled and got it out, we were okay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I have the #FitReader 5k and 10k which are also goals. :) Ekkk so glad the power didn't go out here.

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...