Wednesday, March 8, 2017

{Recipe} Homemade Chili Powder

I have had a craving for chili for a bit, since I read something about it anyway. So when I got groceries this week I grabbed the stuff to make a big pot of chili. Well I thought I did... I got home and discovered that I forgot the chili powder. Ok well I have a cupboard full of spices, I mean I should be able to figure this out right. Of course I pulled up my good friend Google and discovered tons of recipes. After browsing a bit I figured there are basically 5 things you need to make chili powder. Paprika, Oregano, Cumin, Garlic Powder, and Onion Powder, also optionally Cayenne Pepper if you like it spicy. I whipped up this basic recipe which can be easily altered to your own tastes.



Ingredients:
1 Tablespoon Paprika
1 Tablespoon Oregano
1 Tsp Cumin Seeds
1 Tsp Garlic Powder
1 Tsp Onion Powder
1/4 Tsp Cayenne Pepper


Mix all the spices, then place in an airtight container to store or use right away in your chili.

Super easy, right? And it uses spices you probably already have in your cupboard.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...