Monday, April 17, 2017

{Recipe} Easy Eggless Lactose Free Pancakes


So I made the mistake of saying something when I shouldn't have and ruined eggs for DK. I'm not going to repeat what happened, cause I don't know how squeamish folks are. Lets just say I didn't think it was a big deal and it was. Anyway now I'm trying to figure out ways to make things eggless until DK gets over his egg-phobia. I've also discovered that I'm lactose sensitive, which mean that my breakfasts need to be milk free. Here is one of my solutions to these problems. 




INGREDIENTS
2 cups Premade Pancake mix
1 tsp vanilla
1-1/2 cup non-dairy milk (I used almond milk original)

INSTRUCTIONS
Combine pancake mix and 1 cup of milk.  Slowly add remaining half cup, until the consistency is to your liking. I found that the batter thickened while it sat so if you like thinner pancakes add more milk as you go to keep it at the consistency you want.
Heat pan to medium heat and spray with cooking spray or coat with butter or oil.
When hot, pour ¼ cup or less of batter on to the pan, depending on how big you want your pancakes.
Chefs Note: usually you can tell it's time to flip the pancake when bubbles pop up through the pancake and the holes left behind don't fill in.
Cook both sides until golden.

Serving size depends on how big the pancakes are.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.