Monday, May 8, 2017

5 Tips to get up early and work out


For the last few weeks I've been trying to get up earlier to workout before work, it has had mixed results. I figured I share with you some of the tips I came across when looking for help, I picked the 5 most popular tips and how they worked for me.

1) Set multiple alarms: It didn't work at all for me, it was like my body new that I could lay there a until a certain time. No matter how much I pep talked myself, I ended up pushing it until I had to get up. The conversation went something like this...
Me: "Get up."
My body: "No I'm comfy, next alarm."
Me: "Fine!"
Alarm-
Me: "Ok let's go!"
My body: "But we still have 15 mins before we have to get up."
Me: "Then we can workout for 15 minutes. Get up!"
My body: "No, this is a peaceful 15 minute protest."
Me: "Ugh"

And that's how most mornings go in my head. I know this is my own problem and I should just get up but... ok I have no excuses.

2) Prepare everything the night before: Personally I already do this for work, having everything ready to go means less hassle in the mornings and that I can sleep a little bit longer. Yeah it's a bit of a double edged sword for me. I have taken to working out in my pajamas but this isn't going to help if I want to get to the point where I get a half hour run in before work.

3) Go to bed early: Again this is something a kinda already do, I'm usually in bed between 9 and 10pm. Which is a fairly decent hour all things considered. My problem is getting woken up in the middle of the night and not being able to go back to sleep.

4) Picture yourself doing tomorrow’s workout the night before: ok this one sounds weird, but when I remember to do it, it actually helps. 

5) Drink water with lemon first thing when you get up: I really haven't been doing this. I mean I get it, you get dehydrated during the night. It also helps with digestion, and other stuff. But when I get up it's like Coffffffeeee!! Basically I'm a zombie until I get my caffeine fix. Again this is something I usually just don't think about first thing in the morning.

So those are the 5 most popular tips I found for waking up early. As far as actually working, well it's a mixed bag I guess if I keep at it I might start getting up earlier. Do you have any tips or tricks for getting up early to workout?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.