Monday, May 22, 2017

{Book Review} Heritage by Addie Hunter

Heritage
by Addie Hunter
Publisher: Createspace Independent Publishing Platform
Release: March 28th 2017
Genre: Fiction- YA: Superhero, action, adventure
How I got it: Received a copy from the author

Arhaus, Nevada is a small town on I-70 that currently has more superheroes than trees. After an accident in the summer of 2012, six teens gain superhuman abilities and quickly decide to put them to good use and become heroes in a world that's since lost its good opinion of people with abilities. As if that weren't enough trouble trying to keep their powers hidden from their friends and family, they're going into their senior year of high school. Strange symbols begin appearing all around town, a new kid moves in, someone threatens to bomb the news building, and Dave still can't find a date to his senior homecoming. Blaise hopes that they can figure out who keeps setting all these fires, and Kat just wants to graduate in one piece. The first novel in the Transcend series, Heritage sets up a universe full of the supernatural, following the lives of six friends as they begin to find out the world is much bigger than it once seemed.

Review:
This is an interesting concept, a world where superheroes are out in the open and accepted. Six teens get super powers when they are struck by lightning. Ok that's a little cliche, but hey it's better than radioactive waste. I liked how Ms Hunter, had them balancing everything. As teens they had to balance home, school, and saving the world. Ms Hunter did a great job fleshing out the teens, and making them real. I thought it was interesting the way Ms Hunter had the kids still concerned about things like homecoming, homework, and grades while saving the citizens of Arhaus.
I felt Ms Hunter's writing was good, her plot solid, and entertaining. Although I am confused by the opening scene and wish she had chosen something else, such as our hero's origin as the beginning. This made it a little hard for me to get into the book at first. Once I got past that and into the story I enjoyed it much more. I'm hopeful that the series will explain things more as the next book comes out. Overall this is a decent read, and I would recommend it for anyone 12 and up.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.