Wednesday, June 7, 2017

(DIY) Flavored Water

I love flavored water but it seems kind of crazy to pay for water when it comes right out of the tap. So I started researching how to make my own. Of course there are a bunch of recipes all over the place, most just require fruits and herbs. Since I'm trying to eat healthy I have an abundance of fruit, and I'm working on the fresh herbs. I've been experimenting with different combos to see which I like best. So far I've discovered that watermelon and grapefruit over power all the other flavors.
I'm not going to bother posting a bunch of recipes since there are so many all over the internet, just go to Pintrest and type in Flavored Water. Instead I'm just going to link to the best ones I've found and post my faves so far...  52 Kitchen Adventures, Spend with Pennies and Reader's Digest.


Orange, Strawberry, Vanilla Fizz
1 liter Vanilla Seltzer Water (yes I know what I said about paying for water but you won't get the fizz otherwise)
2-3 Slices of Orange
3-4 Strawberries Sliced
Combined Oranges and Strawberries in Seltzer water (I put them right in the bottle). Let set in fridge over night works best, but you could leave it just a couple hours.


Citrus Blast
1 Orange
1/2 Lemon
1/2 Lime
3 liters of Water
Slice fruit into rounds, and combine in a pitcher. Add enough water to cover fruit and muddle (smoosh slightly) with a wooden spoon. Then fill rest of the way, place in fridge for at least 2 hours more is better and over night is best.

 Hope you can find some recipes that are a good fit for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.