Thursday, September 21, 2017

{Book Review} Harley Quinn, Volume 3: Red Meat (Harley Quinn III #3) by Jimmy Palmiotti, Amanda Conner

Harley Quinn, Volume 3: Red Meat (Harley Quinn III #3)
by Jimmy Palmiotti, Amanda Conner
Release: September 19th 2017
Publisher: DC Comics
Genre: Fiction- Teen: Comic, superhero, graphic novel
How I got it: NetGalley

The Suicide Squad's deadliest member continues to wreak havoc all across the DC Universe in the latest installment of her best-selling graphic novel series in HARLEY QUINN VOL. 3!

Harley's managed to carve out a kind of peace with New York's corrupt mayor...but once she gets wind of his plans for the city's homeless population, the deal is most definitely off! She'll have to take the fight to City Hall--but who will be her ally in her most desperate hour?

The writing team of Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti join artists Chad Hardin and John Timms in their  New York Times best-selling run with HARLEY QUINN VOL. 3! Collects HARLEY QUINN #14-16 Full issues, and issues #17-21 (main story only).

Review: Ok so I have to admit this one was a lot better than the previous volumes. Harley seems to be find herself and wasn't so scattered in this installment. There was less slapstick humor, yet it still has a witty and filled with sassy that I expect from Harley. This also focused more on Harley and less on her gang or Red Tool. Although we do get a little backstory for him, which wasn't horrible.
I actually enjoyed the story lines in this volume as well. Seeing Harley team up with Power Girl was nice, although the ending of that story was a bit anticlimactic. The cannibal story line was great though, I really liked that one and found myself unable to put down my e-reader during it. I love seeing Harley deliver some butt- whooping. I even liked the time travel, Bat-fan storyline, and I'm not a big fan of time travel.
This volume has been the best so far with good plots, witty humor, and great artwork.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.