Wednesday, September 6, 2017

{Recipe} Homemade Apple Crisp (Repost)

I absolutely love apple crisp, and usually make it via a box or buy it pre-made. For some reason I thought this was hard to make, boy was I wrong. Today I made it from scratch!!! It was super easy and all I needed was ingredients that I had in the cupboard.



  • Apples 4-6 peeled, cored, and slice (how many you use will depend on how thick you slice them)
  • 2 to 3 tablespoons granulated sugar (depends on how sweet your apples are and how sweet you want it.
  • 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • couple pinches salt
  • 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup uncooked rolled oats
  • 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
  • 4 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease an 8-inch square pan.
  2. Combine the apples, granulated sugar, cinnamon, and 1 pinch of the salt in a large bowl and toss to coat. Place the apple mixture in the prepared baking dish and set aside.
  3. Using the same bowl, mix together the brown sugar, oats, flour, and a pinch of salt until evenly combined. Blend or cut in the butter pieces until small clumps form and the butter is well incorporated.
  4. Sprinkle the topping evenly over the apples and bake until the top is crispy and the apples are tender, about 40 to 60 minutes.
Make 8 servings @ 267 calories

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.