Thursday, September 14, 2017

{Recipe} Pear & Apple Crisp

We were given a whole grocery bag of pears by Hubby's Dad. The kids have eaten a bunch but you can only eat so many pears before you get sick of them. So I've been trying to find things to make, I tried pear crisp using the apple crisp recipe but reducing the sugar since the pears are already pretty sweet. It didn't turn out well, unbearably sweet in my opinion, J and Hubby didn't like it either.
So I decided to try to make Pear/ Apple Crisp. Which was actually really good. I used Macintosh and Granny Smith apples with the pears. I think the tartness of the Granny Smith helped even out the flavor.

Ingredients:
Fruit Mix-
4 Med Apples (any kind you like)
4 Med Pears
2 Tbs Brown Sugar
1 tsp all spice
3/4 Cup Water

Crisp Mix-
1 Cup Old Fashion or Quick Oats
1/3 Cup Flour
3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
1/4 tsp Salt
1/2 Cup Butter or Margarine

Peel, Slice and Core Apples and Pears. Place in 8x8 baking dish set aside. Mix rest of fruit mix ingredients and pour over fruit. Set aside.

Combine the dry ingredients in the crisp mix, while melting the butter. Add in melted butter and stir until clumpy. Sprinkle on top of fruit mix.

Bake at 375 degrees for 30-40 mins or until the crisp is a nice golden color.

Makes 8 servings @ 296

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.