Wednesday, October 4, 2017

{Recipe} Apple Crisp Smoothie

I love apple crisp, and tend to make it quite a bit in the Fall. I found an Apple Pie smoothie recipe and thought why not an Apple Crisp one. So I took my apple crisp recipe and smoothied it.
The oatmeal gives it an odd texture, I thought. After doing a little research I found someone who recommended letting the oats sit in milk overnight to soften which makes them blend better. I haven't tried it but it makes sense.



Ingredients:
1 Apple
1/4 Old fashion oats
1/2 Cup fat free Milk
1 tsp Vanilla extract
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Brown Sugar

Direction:
Peel and de-core apple, then chop into pieces. Place in microwave for 1-2 minutes until soft.
Put milk, oats and apples in blender and mix well. When smooth add the rest of the ingredients. For a thicker smoothie toss in a few ice cubes.
240 calories a serving, Enjoy!

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.