Wednesday, October 25, 2017

{Recipe} Healthier Apple Crisp

So I wanted a healthier version on apple crisp so I tried this one I found on SparkPeople this one reduces the amount of butter and sugar used. Although I did tweak it to fit my personal tastes. The topping turned out much drier than my old recipe and the apples didn't turn to mush as much. So it was like granola over baked apples.



Ingredients:
8 medium baking apples, cored, sliced thin
2 tsp cinnamon
2 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp flour

Topping:
1 cup quick oats
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp allspice
1/4 cup brown sugar
4 Tbsp heart-healthy margarine


Directions:
Mix first four ingredients and place into 9-inch (square or round) baking dish.
In small bowl, mix topping ingredients until crumbly. Sprinkle topping over the apples.
Bake at 325 degrees until apples are soft and topping is golden brown (about 30 minutes).

Makes 9 serving @ 336 calories

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.