Wednesday, October 18, 2017

{Recipe} Pumpkin Zucchini Muffins (Repost)

I think I mentioned in another post how my blender broke, well that made this recipe problematic. I screwed up when I froze my zucchini, while it was still edible it was un-shreddable.  So I diced it, yeah don't do that shredded it. It doesn't affect the taste as much as the texture. I should have just scrapped the zucchini but I'm stubborn and don't like to waste food.
They were still a big hit and the girls down to worked loved them.




Ingredients-
Wet Ingredients:
  • 2 Cup, Pumpkin Puree {How to make your own}
  • 2 Cups Shredded Zucchini
  • 1 Cup Buttermilk
  • 1 Cup Oil
  • 1 Egg
  • 1 Banana
  • 2 tsp, Pure Vanilla Extract


Dry Ingredients:
  • 4 Cup, All Purpose Flour
  • 1 Cup, Sugar 
  • 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
  • 1 1/2 tbsp Cinnamon
  • 1 tbsp Baking Powder
  • 1 tsp Baking soda
  • 3/4 tsp Salt


Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. and prepare muffin pans this make 36 muffins.
In a large bowl, stir together all the wet ingredients until well combined. Set aside.
In a separate bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients. Using a dry spoon, dig a well in the centre of the dry ingredients, and pour in the wet ingredients. Incorporate the wet into the dry, stirring only until almost combined. Gently fold the mix. All the dry ingredients should be mixed in at this time and look like below.


Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling about 3/4 full. Bake 20-25 minutes, until a fork or toothpick comes out clean.
1 muffin is 129 calories

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.