Please bear with us as we undergo some reconstruction.

Thursday, November 10, 2011

{Review} Unrevealed by Laurel Dewey

Unrevealed
by Laurel Dewey
Publisher: The Story Plant
Released: August 2, 2011
Genre: Fiction Adult: Mystery, Suspense

In UNREVEALED, Dewey gives us four indelible portraits of Jane Perry:

ANONYMOUS: One of Jane's first AA meetings leads her to an encounter with a woman in need of her detection skills...and a secret she never expected to uncover.

YOU CAN'T JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER: Forced by her boss to speak at a high school career day, Jane meets a troubled boy and finds that his story is only the beginning of a much more revealing tale.

YOU'RE ONLY AS SICK AS YOUR SECRETS: An early-morning homicide call introduces Jane to a mystery as layered as it is unsuspected.

THINGS AREN'T ALWAYS WHAT THEY SEEM: Jane finds herself sharing a 2:00 am conversation at a downtown bar with an old acquaintance. Will the bloody night that proceeded this moment complicate Jane's intentions?



Review: This was a good group of stories. Each reveals part of Jane's personality. While short each is well done. Although the second and fourth ones bothered me due to the content. I tend to shy from stories like these even though I like the crime thriller genre. There are just certain things that bother me.
With that said the stories were interesting and kept me reading to find out whodunit. My favorites was the third one. I just loved the twisted ending Jane unraveled.

Disclaimer: I received this book through Partners In Crime Book Tours via the author

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.