Please bear with us as we undergo some reconstruction.

Friday, August 31, 2012

Book Tour: Mad World: EPIDEMIC Guest Post By Samaire Provost


Samaire Provost on writing and inspiration

I find ideas for stories everywhere. I will see something happen when I’m out and about in the village and it will make me think and then I’ll see something else and I’ll put the two together and bang! There’s an idea for a story. Or sometimes I will be surfing the ‘net and I’ll come across an article about something weird scientists are actually doing and it’ll give me the idea for a story. That’s what happened with Mad Word: EPIDEMIC.
I find inspiration to write when I am reading. I’m sure many of you have had that moment when you’re reading a book and it’s good but you are sure you could do better. I was experiencing that feeling at an early age. The books I read were mostly science fiction but I also read the entire Black Stallion series by Walter Farley and loved them. With those books I didn’t get the ‘I know I can write this better’ feeling. I got the ‘boy these stories are awesome, I want to write adventures like these too!’
Books can really inspire you. We are seeing a huge surge in fan fic, writers so inspired by a story that they want to add to it, and write more adventures set in those worlds.
One of the biggest things I found I had to overcome to write was confidence. OR the lack thereof. It is said that ‘the greatest cause of failure is the fear of failure’ and I have found this to be so true. The story Mad World: EPIDEMIC was so wonderful in my head, that I was afraid to try and get it down on paper imperfectly.
But no first draft is ever how you want it. You have to go back and forth, and hopefully the manuscript will be read by several people. Fresh heads to tell you where it is good and where it needs work. Every writer goes through this, you have to understand this. So, it is a process. But that process cannot begin unless and until you first put pen to paper and write the first draft. Remember: anything can be fixed. But you must get it out of your head and down onto the computer or nothing will happen.
My advice to aspiring writers is:
Write. Pay no attention to your fears of any shortcomings. Write. Write some more. Finish.

Mad World: EPIDEMIC
By Samaire Provost

Mad World Book One
Genre: YA Paranormal Dystopian

ISBN: 978-1478317371
ASIN: B008PO969O

Number of pages: 160
Word Count: 44,700

Book Description:

The Black Plague is ancient history. It killed 100 million people nearly seven centuries ago, halfway around the world from the technologically advanced research center at Stanford University. Scientists there have recently begun examining samples of bone marrow from plague-infected corpses unearthed in Europe. All the necessary safeguards are in place. What could go wrong?

Alyssa and Jake are away with their class on a highly anticipated year-end trip to Broadway with their senior acting class when all hell breaks loose at home. Traveling back, and trying to find their families, they encounter deadly results. Riots are breaking out. People are being evacuated. And they have no idea what's happening to their families.

Horrific ordeals, heart-pounding tragedy, and chance encounters harden them for what lies ahead. Faced with tormenting decisions, they're forced to follow their instinct for survival at any cost - even when the cost is a heart-wrenching decision of life or death.

A harrowing adventure of frightening discoveries, horrifying confrontations and narrow escapes in Epidemic, the first installment of the Mad World series.
Find out what's got everyone so terrified.


About the Author:

Samaire Provost lives in California with her husband and son.
Her love of paranormal stories, odd plots, and unique tales as well as the works of Neil Gaiman, Terry Pratchett, Susan Cooper, Madeleine L'Engle and Stephen King has deeply influenced her writing. 

Mad World : EPIDEMIC her first novel. The second in the series is entitled "Mad World: SANCTUARY"








a Rafflecopter giveaway

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.