Please bear with us as we undergo some reconstruction.

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

{Review} A Trace of Moonlight (Abby Sinclair #3) by Allison Pang

A Trace of Moonlight (Abby Sinclair #3)
by Allison Pang
Publisher:Pocket
Expected Release: October 30,2012
Genre:Fiction- Adult: Fantasy, Paranormal
How I got it: ARC was sent by the publisher

Drinking from the waters of lethe and offering herself up as Faerie’s sacrificial Tithe . . . these just might be the least of Abby Sinclair’s problems. Abby’s pact with a daemon—whether or not she remembers making it—is binding, so she’d better count herself lucky that (in the words of a daemon who knows better) there’s nearly always a loophole. But her friends’ reckless attempts to free her, well intentioned though they may be, set off a disastrous chain of events. In no time at all, Abby turns her incubus lover mortal, then gets herself killed, cursed, and married to an elven prince whose mother wants her dead. On top of everything else, she’s lost the Key to the CrossRoads to her mortal enemy, who promptly uses his restored power to wreak havoc on the OtherWorld and put its very existence in jeopardy. Only one person can make things right again, but to find her, Abby must place her trust in allies of mixed loyalties, and conquer her nightmares once and for all.

Review: This is the third book in this series and you really should read all the books before reading this one. I'd read the first two and was a little lost in the beginning. Now Ms Pang glosses over what happened but you probably would get the references without having read books one and two.
At first I wasn't happy with the changes to Abby but as the book progresses she come back to her quirky sassy old self. I was sucked into the plot and was excited as all the old characters reappeared. I have to admit the beginning had me so happy with Abby and Talivar relationship.I nearly jumped for joy when Talivar and Abby hand fasted even if it was under duress, because I was routing for him. The book moves fast sweeping you along from one event to the next. From Fairie to the Dreaming into the Mortal world tagging along as Abby digs herself in deeper and deeper. But I was so disappointed when Ion came back on the scene. The very end left me upset and frustrated.
I loved all the action and twists with everything going on. Even with my disappointment at Abby's love life this was an excellent addition to this series.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.