Please bear with us as we undergo some reconstruction.

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

{Book Review} 10-Minute Makeup by Boris Entrup

10-Minute Makeup
by Boris Entrup
Publisher: DK ADULT
Released: March 17, 2014
Genre: Non-Fiction- Adult/ Teen: Beauty
How I got it: Edelweiss

Perfect for teenagers and young women who like to try new looks, 10-Minute Makeup shows 50 versatile looks that can be created in only ten minutes.

With detailed information on basic techniques, products, equipment, as well as special tips and tricks from stylist-to-the-stars Boris Entrup, 10-Minute Makeup shows that anyone can create glamorous runway looks with these easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions and before-and-after shots.

 Review: I really enjoyed this book. I'm not what you would call make-up literate, so anything I can find to help learn how to apply and do it quickly is something I'm going to check out. Being a mom I spend more time getting the kids together, than I do myself so when I saw 10-Minute Makeup I had to check it out.
I loved how everything was broken down, so even someone with very basic or no knowledge of makeup can use this book. All the looks offered in the book are easy if you follow the steps. The author covers all skin types and coloring. While I liked most of the looks a few were a bit dramatic and looked more suited to the runway than everyday life. While I think this book was directed more toward teens and twenty somethings, it does have tips and tricks for those of us who are a bit older.
I liked how it shows before and after pictures, as well as step by step instructions. Showing as well as explaining how to apply each different product. I feel this is an awesome resource for anyone who wants to learn how apply makeup.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.